The InnovateEDU Finance & Operations Associate works with our Afterschool Program Director and other staff to support non-academic operations at the organization, ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and requirements set by funders and partners. He/she is specifically responsible for supporting the administrative systems and routines of the organization with a particular focus on InnovateEDU’s after-school program.
- Financial transactions and operations: Support the day to day operation of InnovateEDU’s financial systems, including the integrity of financial accounting records and the timeliness and compliance of all grant-related reimbursements and expenses. Support daily financial and business activities, including procurement processes and associated supply, as well as inventory management and asset tracking systems under the supervision of the Executive Director, Afterschool Program Director, and Chief of Staff.
- External compliance: Help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and requirements set by funders and partners including, but not limited to: HR and employee onboarding; audit preparation; staff training and certification; reporting to the New York City Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) and compliance with the agency’s held School-Aged Child Care licenses.
- Reporting of public grants: Manage the metrics and reporting related to DYCD and other grants, including: enter data into DYCD’s online portal and other systems as required; monitor management, contractor, and other agreements, with particular attention to financial reporting requirements; and provide advisement and support of grant metrics, budget statuses, and rate of participation in advance of DYCD audits.
- Human Resources: Support administration of personnel matters, including (through vendors) payroll, benefits, and COBRA; proper implementation of policies and procedures relating to HR; provide appropriate information and assistance to staff regarding personnel matters and benefits; provide effective support and advice to the administrative team on personnel and HR issues; work to ensure that all staff hold credentials required by law and pass background checks; maintain up-to-date personnel files; and assist with salary budget planning and staffing requirements.
- Special Events: Assist with planning, logistics, and communications for special events, activities, meetings, and local field trips, on behalf of the afterschool programs
- Other support as needed by the Executive Director, Afterschool Program Director, and/or Chief of Staff.
- One-three years of experience in operations and/or finance
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Online
- Experience with financial reporting and compliance related to public funding sources; Experience reporting to NYC agencies a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete an online application here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/brooklynlab/jobs/1069993#.Wr0uB6jwY2w