2414 Sixth Street
Founded in 2009, the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (“NICA”) develops community based mountain biking programs for student-athletes across the United States. NICA provides leadership, services and governance for state leagues to produce quality mountain bike events, and supports every student-athlete in the development of strong body, strong mind and strong character through cycling.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the full charge Bookkeeper is a full time exempt (salaried) position, responsible for the general bookkeeping of assigned multiple state (interscholastic mountain bike) sports leagues; maintaining the day-to-day accounting functions, accruals, financial statement preparation, and performing general accounting functions, as required as well as assisting with fiscal year end audits. This position has no direct reports.
- Performing general accounting duties for seven (7)+ separate state sports leagues including, but not limited to: receiving checks, preparing invoices, making bank deposits, bank & cash reconciliations and journal entries
- Paying invoices and reimbursements in a timely manner
- Maintaining Quickbooks Online and electronically-filed accounting records
- Communicating with staff and vendors to resolve any accounting issues
- Researching, tracking and restoring accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Receiving, verifying, and posting company transactions
- Supporting month-end close procedures
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Assembles information for auditor for the annual audit
- 3+ years of general accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field preferred
- Knowledgeable of foundational accounting concepts
- An understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Expertise with Quickbooks Online, Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Solution oriented team player
- Adept at handling shifting priorities, strong ability to multitask and meet month end deadlines
- Proven attention to detail
- Proactive and eager to learn
- Ability to work well without direct supervision
- Requires significant work time on a mac computer
- Background check will need to be processed (required for work with youth)
Benefits for full time exempt employees include medical, matching SIMPLE IRA, flex schedule, and generous PTO.
Level of Language Proficiency
A love of mountain biking and outdoor recreation is helpful but not required.
Minimum Education Required