Part Time Temporary
Details: 10.00 per hour
7770 Jacksontown Road
About The Arboretum
At The Dawes Arboretum we share the love and knowledge of trees, history and nature. As a nearly 2,000 acre accredited Arboretum we are unique locally. We ensure access to memorable experiences in nature that create lifelong engagement with our supporters.
The seasonal Guest Services Representative is the first point of contact for visitors to the Arboretum. Under the direction of the Guest Services Manager, the Guest Service Representative warmly greets and welcomes visitors; provides information, directions and assistance; and processes memberships. This position will also provide telephone reception and perform clerical duties. This is an 18-23 hour per week, non-exempt position.
· Welcome visitors and respond to information requests while providing cheerful and courteous customer service.
· Answer the telephone and route calls to the appropriate staff member.
· Provide information to visitors regarding The Arboretum, its programs, classes and events.
· Promote, handle the sales of and answer basic questions on the Arboretum’s membership program.
· Operate the point of sale system and utilize various computer and internet programs.
· Assist with gift shop sales, inventory and displays.
· High school diploma/general education degree (GED), or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience
· Previous customer service experience.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and the ability to navigate the internet
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively.
· Possess a current and valid Ohio Driver’s License.
· Ability to work a flexible, rotating schedule to include weekends, holidays and evenings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please forward a cover letter and resume no later than Sunday, April 22, 2018 to email@example.com.