Details: Not Listed
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - the world's leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind - is seeking a Communications Manager, Policy and Advocacy.
We are a nonprofit, donor-supported organization that has raised and invested hundreds of millions of dollars to help develop cystic fibrosis therapies that have changed the lives of people with this disease. Nearly every CF medicine available today was made possible because of Foundation support.
The policy communications manager is responsible for developing and implementing communication plans in support of the Foundation's advocacy priorities. The Foundation advocates at a national and state level for programs, agencies, and policies that help advance research and drug development, improve access to specialized, quality CF care, and raise awareness about the disease. This position also oversees communications support to Compass, the Foundation’s patient assistance program. Compass is a personalized service offering people with CF and their families help with insurance, financial, legal and other issues. This position is part of the communications team and reports to the Director of Communications for Policy and Advocacy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee strategic marketing plans to increase engagement with Compass among people with CF, their families, and clinicians.
- Develop communication materials (email, social media, video, graphics) for Compass, outsourcing special projects to a marketing firm.
- Implement and report on measurement outcomes that assess the effectiveness of communications efforts in support of Compass.
- Manage an overhaul of the policy and advocacy content on the Website and work closely with the policy team to create new copy and identify the need for supporting graphics.
- Create persuasive messaging on policy issues in support of the Foundation’s advocacy goals.
- Coordinate across the communications team to develop strategies for accomplishing the Foundation’s advocacy goals, leveraging various communications channels such as social media or email.
- Work on an integrated basis across the communications team to develop and implement communication plans for the Foundation’s annual advocacy events.
- Collaborate with the grassroots advocacy team to create training materials for chapter staff and assist with the engagement of grassroots volunteers.
- Cultivate relationships with people in our community and identify opportunities to share their story and advocacy efforts in our digital and print materials and with the media.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Requires bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field and 5-6 years of experience in public policy and/or advocacy communications.
- Requires strong writing, proofreading, and grammar skills and familiarity with AP style.
- Experience with media relations or crisis communications a plus.
- Team-player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to find creative solutions to challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
To Apply: https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CFF&cws=1&rid=3054
Minimum Education Required