Details: Salary commensurate with experience
2231 Crystal Drive
The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) supports people who have lost or left their homes. For over 100 years, the unwavering commitment of our leadership, team, network of service providers, and advocates has helped redirect the destiny of countless vulnerable lives. In neighborhoods, in Washington, and around the world, we break down barriers and demand justice for refugees and immigrants as they successfully integrate into new communities. We provide essential social and legal services to rebuild productive lives, turning tragedy into prosperity. We are a purpose driven organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in forced or voluntary migration worldwide and supporting their transition to a dignified life. To learn more about our work, please visit our website at www.refugees.org.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for processing the day to day accounts payable transactions in an accurate and timely manner. The Staff Accountant must possess the knowledge and experience in the application of accounting procedures including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations and basic financial reports. This position reports to the Controller.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and verify all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Sort, code and match invoices by cost center and document before processing.
- Prepare and perform vendors payments weekly.
- Post transactions to the general journal, ledger and other records.
- Reconcile organization credit card account at month end.
- Reconcile and record prepaid expense and accounts payable journal entries into accounting software.
- Maintain staff allocation schedule and process employee expense reimbursements; record and post fringe benefits allocation to Navision monthly.
- Respond to vendor request for payment and reconcile vendor statement.
- Assist Controller with the year end audit.
- Maintain vendors w9 information in Navision.
- Prepare and file annual 1099 to the IRS.
- Assist with balance sheet account reconciliation.
- Reconcile vendor outstanding account balance with vendor payments.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Knowledge of accounts payable and general accounting procedures.;
- Proficient in data entry and data management and impeccable attention to details.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills and ability to meet goals and deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work as a team member and independently with a high-level of self-motivation.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Access, Excel and database programs.
- Experience in Navision or other accounting software is required.
- Strong communication including fluency in oral and written English and writing skills.
- The successful candidate will have 2 to 4 years’ experience working with non-profit organizations.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
Please submit a resume with cover letter describing your interest and qualifications.
References will be required at time of the final interview.
No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partnership status, marital status, physical or mental disability, AIDS/HIV status, age, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply via the link below: