Details: Hourly pay commensurate with experience
Rocketship is reinventing elementary school from the ground up. Our rapidly growing network of charter schools is on a mission to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime. At Rocketship, you are joining a network and a community committed to excellence. We have ambitious plans to scale our system to serve more communities in need every year. We prioritize developing teachers and leaders from within and have invested in multiple career pathway programs. If you are looking for the chance to drive transformative change in underserved communities and contribute to a national movement to close the achievement gap in our lifetime, look no further than Rocketship.
Rocketship Public Schools is a non-profit network serving primarily socioeconomically disadvantaged students so that we can meet our mission of eliminating the achievement gap in our lifetime. We are hiring outstanding educators in the Bay Area, Nashville, Milwaukee, and Washington, D.C. for the 2017-18 school year.
The Enrichment Center Coordinator provides K-5 students with the opportunity to engage in enrichment activities that expose students to new learning experiences outside of the traditional academic classroom and deepen their understanding of the world around them. The Enrichment Center Coordinator plays a critical role in strengthening school culture. He or she oversees the effectiveness of the Enrichment Center and interacts with all students on a weekly basis. Students rotate through Enrichment Center every day in blocks of 45 minutes.
· Motivate students to participate in learning activities; create a positive student culture; maintain high behavioral expectations for all students
· Develop a year-long scope and sequence map, thematic unit plans, and lesson plans to teach discrete content skills (art, physical education, gardening, drama, or Spanish) throughout the school year.
· Differentiates content by age-group and/or grade-level to ensure that activities are developmentally appropriate.
· Collaborate with school staff to develop a positive culture focused on Rocketship's core values (respect, responsibility, persistence, empathy)
· Serve as the leader and facilitate large group lessons on the topics indicated above
· Communicate and collaborate with fellow ECCs, teachers, and school leaders; participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the Rocketship team
· Ensure that students have access to a positive and productive learning environment by enforcing all campus safety rules and behavior expectations; respond to occasional exposure to blood, bodily fluids and tissue and/or occasional interactions with children who require additional support with behavior
· Inventory and maintain Enrichment Center materials and accessories
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
· Passion for working with children; ability to motivate and support children in reaching high levels of academic success
· Belief in the value of enrichment education for all children
· Previous experience or training working with youth
· Previous experience managing and/or teaching groups of elementary-age students is strongly preferred
· Content expertise preferred
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to engage and work closely with a wide range of staff members
· Ability to learn laws, rules, practices and procedures related to public education and specific to Rocketship Education
· Fluency in English
· Flexibility and a willingness to learn
· At least 2 years of college or passing score on Rocketship's Paraprofessional Assessment required
How to Apply
To submit your resume, please visit: https://rocketshiphr.secure.force.com/hr/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN637
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required