EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER AND CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
- Job posted by Amnesty International USA
This position provides support to two department heads in Amnesty International USA. The Chief Financial and Administration Officer (CFO) and the Chief Development Officer (CDO) are members of the Executive Team which sets overall strategy and direction for AIUSA.
The Development department raises $40 million for AIUSA’s program and operating budget. The Finance and Administration department leads the organization’s finance, human resources, IT and facilities functions. The CFO and CDO both work closely with the Board of Directors in areas of responsibility.
The Executive Assistant works directly with the CFO and CDO to develop systems to support the work of the two departments. This includes basic administrative support, help with ongoing operational issues, and multiple special projects. The Assistant provides support and guidance to the CFO and CDO to ensure they are informed of relevant issues and important developments. This position handles confidential and sensitive matters.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Coordination: Works with the CDO/CFO on day-to-day issues and special projects to support the work of the department. Supports the CDO/CFO in creating processes and systems to support collaboration in the department and across the organization. Provides logistical support for key department meetings and retreats. Works with the CDO/CFO to coordinate departmental planning processes in conjunction with relevant stakeholders. Participates, as needed, on key interdepartmental teams.
Data Management: Oversees management of key department data. Develops or improves systems to facilitate this. Processes and maintains archives of AIUSA contracts to be signed or approved by the CFO. Point of contact for requests for certificates of insurance for AIUSA.
Department Reporting: Coordinates department calendar of events, activities, and meetings; tracks and manages data for purposes of reporting and analysis; coordinates compilation of departmental Board reports on behalf of the CDO/CFO.
Financial: Assists CDO/CFO in monitoring department expenses and budget; processes invoices and expenditure approvals for payment; tracks department expenses. Serves as minute-taker for the Audit Committee and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors. Supports the annual audit process by tracking in-house inventory and compiling items from the auditor requests list as assigned by the Financial Controller. Accesses Financial Edge software and runs financial reports as needed to answer routine finance-related questions from across AIUSA. Maintains AIUSA state sales and use tax and hotel room tax exemptions.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: Works with the CDO/CFO, DEI Director and the DEI Change team to help develop appropriate workshops within each department to help advance the culture of the department to address historical inequities. Works to create an internal culture that is more equitable and inclusive for all regardless of their individual and group identities.
Management: Recruits, trains and supervises interns as appropriate to accomplish the work identified above.
Other: Other duties as assigned.
- Two years of relevant work experience
- Project management and coordination experience
- Office/administrative experience, including monitoring/maintaining budgets
- Experience working with sensitive or confidential content
- Experience working with employees at all levels
- Nonprofit or human rights experience preferred
- Experience in accounting, operations, or fundraising preferred
Skills or Related Knowledge
- Ability to think broadly while managing details
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Ability to lead projects and lead teams of others in project work
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively, and to manage own workload to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude with ability to take initiative
- Ability to keep information confidential
- Commitment to making the workplace more diverse, equitable and inclusive for all
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/amnesty-international-usa
Amnesty International USA is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply. Do not apply through the "APPLY FOR THIS ROLE" link below
Minimum Education Required