Job Description: Salesforce Consultant
Contract-based, monthly stipend
TXPOST (Texas Partnership for Out of School Time) seeks a Salesforce expert to manage and optimize our Salesforce database, Experience Cloud (Customer Service template) community, and other Salesforce-based solutions that support our strategic goals and overall mission. This contractor will work with the Director of Outreach and Engagement to provide support on multiple projects. Candidates must be able to work independently to develop and customize Salesforce solutions that best meet TXPOST’s internal organizational and external intermediary network needs.
Key Deliverables and Expectations
- Analyze the organization’s use of data and make recommendations for Salesforce solutions that best serve organizational goals.
- Implement agreed-upon improvements to Salesforce administration and operations.
- Perform user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields, and other Salesforce related operations, as directed.
- Design database management and Salesforce Experience Cloud solutions to map relationships of the intermediary and support the user experience.
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features such as engagement plans and levels to operationalize:
- Development Database
- Advocacy Lead Management
- Manage and optimize current Salesforce integrations:
- Click & Pledge
- Identify and implement Salesforce integrations with other organizational systems to streamline workflows and processes such as:
- Identify, install, and maintain appropriate apps from the AppExchange for contact/relationship mapping, event management, mass email, grant and donor management, grantmaking, and more.
- Document all customizations made in Salesforce and user instructions for all Salesforce solutions.
- Provide training on Salesforce administration to Director of Outreach and Engagement and Executive Director.
Skills and Experience Required
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Excellent project management skills with a solutions mindset and a positive attitude
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified preferred
- Salesforce Experience Cloud Consultant certification preferred
- Experience with nonprofit processes preferred
This is an ongoing, stipend-based opportunity for an independent contractor (1099) with Salesforce specific expertise. All deliverables and expectations are project-based and time-bound. With the exception of periodic progress meetings with the Director of Outreach and Engagement (which may be held virtually), the contractor may work at the location and according to the hours they prefer. This position offers a monthly stipend of $2,000, which is based on an estimated commitment of 30-40 hours of support per month.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should apply here by Thursday, September 30, 2021. All candidates will be contacted by October 8, 2021.