Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA position that offers an excellent benefits package and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
ASCO has a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and entry level Program Associate to join the growing Education, Science and Professional Department. The successful candidate will perform tasks to support the development, implementation, maintenance, and customer service of ASCO’s medical knowledge assessment programs.
What you will do:
- Be the front-line representative for ASCO’s educational assessment initiatives by responding to customer service inquiries and working within a team environment to resolve any issues
- Providing troubleshooting support and tracking technology issues that impact the examinee’s experience
- Follow established workflows for the entry, tracking, and maintenance of educational content in online platforms (e.g., learning management system, enterprise level testing platform, etc.)
- Assist team members in editing and ensuring education content is of high quality prior to publication
- Review and maintain ASCO’s websites and online platforms
- Compile and maintain associated educational content materials for publication
- Provide administrative support to volunteer work groups including maintaining and track group registration materials, tracking and processing invoices, and drafting and disseminating meeting agendas, materials, and call notes
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in healthcare, communications, or related field or related work experience in supporting department operations
- 1+ year(s) of experience in an administrative or customer service role including experience troubleshooting requests
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs with a strong focus on Excel; experience using Adobe programs and forms; and an openness to embracing and learning new technology
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to draft, edit, and proofread a variety of internal and external communications
- Enthusiasm, good judgment, and excellent customer service skills
- Initiative with strong time management and organizational skills to prioritize work to deliver results with attention to detail
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information and collaborate with professional volunteer members and internal stakeholders
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Experience working with Smartsheet, SharePoint, and a Customer Relationship Management system
- Experience working with a Learning Management System, Content Management System, or Question Authoring System
- Basic CSS and HTML skills
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)