134 W. 26th St.
The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath) is a growing institution that provides insight into the evolving, creative, human, and aesthetic nature of mathematics to a diverse audience of all ages. Its interactive exhibits and stimulating programs encourage inquiry, spark curiosity, and reveal the wonders of math. You can learn more about MoMath and its open positions at www.momath.org.
MoMath seeks a member/donor coordinator to play a key role in the Museum’s fundraising and membership efforts by providing excellent customer service and personalized attention to members, donors, and sponsors. The member/donor coordinator will represent MoMath through professional, responsive communication to the people and organizations who support the Museum, and will maintain the development database and perform other administrative tasks.
This is a full-time permanent position that offers a full suite of benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Track the Museum’s obligations with respect to each member, donor, and sponsor, and ensure they are being met
- Provide donors and sponsors with expeditious acknowledgement of all donations
- Reply to inquiries and requests related to fundraising and membership in a professional, timely manner
- Maintain records of all fundraising and membership activity in the development database; record donations and membership payments, including scans of appropriate documentation
- Provide administrative support for all development efforts, ranging from mailings and scanning to coordination of fundraising events
- Keep management abreast of specific membership requests and obligations, and of the progress towards meeting them
- Respond within one week to process new memberships and membership renewals, prepare member cards, and send welcome letters
- Create and maintain donor lists to allow appropriate recognition on the MoMath website and in the Museum
- Contact members regarding upcoming expirations
- Collaborate with accounting personnel to ensure that donations and membership payments are reconciled with accounting records on a monthly basis, and that discrepancies are investigated and resolved
- Keep MoMath staff updated on corporate memberships and overall membership policies
- Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the membership process
- Work towards the goal of generating growth through increasing individual, family, and corporate memberships
- Improve engagement with corporate members
- Represent MoMath with an upbeat and positive attitude and demeanor in a variety of administrative interactions
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Superb customer service and organization skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication ability, including highly accurate grammar and editing skills
- A track record demonstrating the ability to process work quickly and efficiently with careful attention to detail
- A highly refined sense of professionalism and responsibility
- Previous administrative experience, particularly in a growing organization, is a strong plus
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- A positive, enthusiastic, and creative approach to problem-solving
- A belief in the mission, image, and goals of MoMath
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email the following materials to email@example.com with a subject line that includes “Member/Donor Coordinator” and your name:
1. A cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria
2. A current resumé, including grade point averages
3. A 150- to 500-word statement describing your views on mathematics or a life experience you have had related to mathematics.