At Aim High, students with limited options unlock their limitless potential. Our multi-year summer enrichment program empowers middle schoolers from low-income neighborhoods, igniting their love of learning and yielding real results—97% of Aim High alumni graduate high school and go on to college. Grounded in a welcoming community where every kid feels seen and supported, Aim High gives students the confidence to succeed in high school and beyond.
The Development Associate provides comprehensive and critical support of Aim High’s development efforts, with a focus on data management, gift processing and reporting. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Development, this is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, highly detail-oriented and organized person to work as part of a dynamic team committed to educational equity. Specific responsibilities include:
Database and Gift Processing
- Manage the day-to-day operation, maintenance, data integrity and accuracy of the Aim High’s CRM, Salesforce.
- Process donor contributions, pledges, and in-kind donations. Lead the weekly gift batch and acknowledgement process ensuring all gifts are acknowledged in an accurate and timely manner. Manage and maintain corresponding electronic files.
- Manage and update constituent information in Salesforce with an on-going keen eye on maintaining data hygiene in all areas.
- Support the Senior Development Associate in the weekly and monthly reporting process. Reconcile donations and support annual audit requests and inquiries.
- Stay up to date on industry standards for gift entry, processing and donor acknowledgment; implement best practices.
- Support Communications Associate with email marketing efforts including the management of constituent email and affiliations, bounce, open and click rates of development communications.
Support the Aim High’s Comprehensive Fundraising Efforts
- Provide critical administrative support to the Board of Trustees by developing and updating the board portal; prepare and distribute twice-annual board network reports and real-time information about their network's giving.
- Coordinate production and logistics of solicitations and stewardship mailings.
- Conduct prospect research on prospective individuals, foundations and corporate donors and share findings with the team. Include relevant information in Salesforce.
- Produce exports and mail merges for all fundraising campaigns and special events.
- Maintain master calendar of events and deliverables
- Attention to Detail - Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming.
- Attention to Communication - Ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
- Flexibility - Be responsive and adjust plans and priorities based on current situation and needs.
- Quantitative Analysis - Review quantitative data sets in order to recognize patterns, identify additional information or data needed, and draw conclusions.
- 2+ year experience working in an office environment
- Demonstrated database experience (Salesforce is preferred)
- Background in Development and/or nonprofit organizations preferred
- Computer proficiency and ability to learn new systems quickly
- Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Commitment to the mission of Aim High
- Reports To: Deputy Director of Development
- Job Location: San Francisco, CA (virtual until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted)
- Classification: Full-Time Non-Exempt
- Pay: Competitive and commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Medical/dental/retirement and generous paid vacation and sick time
Aim High is an equal opportunity employer. Aim High seeks diversity in its community and affords equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org