See what a job can do!
REDF (the Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) is a pioneering venture philanthropy galvanizing a national movement of social enterprises—purpose-driven, revenue-generating businesses that help people striving to overcome employment barriers get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. For people with histories of incarceration, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, and limited education, social enterprises provide the paying jobs and services they need to stabilize their lives, develop a work history, and build skills and conﬁdence. When employees are ready, social enterprises help them ﬁnd lasting, competitive employment.
Research shows this approach works. It leads to greater economic security and mobility and a signiﬁcant rate of return to society—$2.23 in beneﬁts for every $1 spent.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in over 100 social enterprises in 21 states. To date, those businesses have earned $392 million in revenue and employed nearly 24,000 people (and counting).
Brief Position Description:
The Senior Accounting Manager will report directly to the REDF Director of Finance. You are a motivated skilled professional able to operate with relative autonomy, and manage and supervise the full range of the company’s financial department’s processes and systems. You are an excellent problem solver, and will inspire and mentor your finance team colleagues. You are hands-on with excellent attention to detail and can also see the big picture. You work well on a team and with others, thrive in a fast paced changing environment, and excel in problem solving.
Working closely with the Director of Finance the ideal candidate will optimize data analysis and financial reporting to support REDF’s strategic, operational and financial goals.
1. Supervise General Accounting (chart of accounts, accruals, allocations, etc.), Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Revenue, Grants Accounting, Payroll, and T&E expense reporting, and back up accounting staff, as required.
2. Create, improve, and manage the maintenance of documented policies, procedures, and internal controls.
3. Administer accounting and budgeting systems. Enhance and improve system efficiencies. Manage the relationship between the finance department and IT support staff.
4. Analyze financial reporting for discrepancies, variances from budgets and forecasts, trends, and other issues that should be brought to the Director of Finance and finance team’s attention. Provide meaningful commentaries and analyses.
5. Provide financial planning and analysis support to the Director of Finance, and others in the organization, as required.
6. Review, approve, and distribute timely and accurate financial reporting to diverse audiences, including the Board of Directors, Management Team, and others.
7. Manage the external auditor relationship, the annual audit process, the preparation of tax returns, and ensure that all financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience and knowledge, is required.
· 7 years of accounting experience, and at least 3 years of senior accounting experience, is required.
· Advanced skills with Excel, and strong competency with the Microsoft suite of products, is required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
· Excellent organizational, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and analytical skills are required.
· Experience administering and enhancing accounting systems is required.
· Salesforce or other CRM experience is highly desirable.
· Non-profit experience and a desire to work for a mission-driven non-profit is highly desirable.
· Ability to help craft REDF’s next 15 years of impact
· Work with passionate, dedicated people
· Apply your passion for social change in your career
· Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Equal Employment Opportunity
REDF is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.
REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves.
If you need an accommodation to complete the online application, please call 415.561.6633. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within one business days. Alternatively, send an email to email@example.com with “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one file through REDF’s online applicant portal.