Senior Policy Analyst - Early Childhood
Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Hunt Institute’s mission is to secure America’s future through quality public education. Since its establishment in 2001, the organization has emerged as a recognized and credible leader in the movement to transform American public education and a go-to source for reliable, objective, and timely information. The Institute works at the intersection of education policy and politics, supporting state and national officials and empowering them to drive education reform. Its mandate is to inspire and equip elected officials and senior policymakers to make informed decisions that improve the lives of all children. The Institute’s primary audience consists of governors, legislators, and other elected and state-level policymakers.
The Hunt Institute’s Senior Policy Analyst – Early Childhood will work with the Hunt Institute’s policy analysts as well as Leadership to support the Institute’s policy work and programming related to early childhood. The Senior Policy Analyst – Early Childhood serves as the lead project manager for all early childhood convenings/summits and other policymaker convenings, designing and executing agendas, identifying and preparing speakers, developing materials, and managing the project timeline. As needed, the Senior Policy Analyst supports the development of curriculum for the Hunt-Kean Leadership Fellows and other Institute programming around Early Childhood.
- Serve as a key subject matter expert and oversee all early childhood policy matters;
- Interpret potential implications of key state and federal policy and finance changes related to Early Childhood policies;
- Participate in research projects, either in a lead or supporting capacity, to produce policy briefs, memos, event-related materials as required by grants/funders;
- Lead development of responses to requests for information on early childhood (birth to eight) received from policymakers and partners;
- Represent the Hunt Institute at national conferences, stakeholder meetings, and in discussions with potential partners;
- Develop reports for funders and the Institute as needed;
- Participate in special projects as directed; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree required in related field (MBA, MHA, MPH, MPP);
- Minimum of five years’ work experience; 2+ years’ relevant experience in early childhood policies and programs strongly preferred;
- Ability to synthesize information and present findings or recommendations to high-level executives and stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and conduct research on Early Childhood policy topics;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience with using data to support policy development; • Knowledge of research methodology, evaluation and statistics to be able to understand and interpret the validity and significance of findings;
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- General knowledge of states early childhood programs a plus;
- Ability to travel (anticipated between 20-25%). Ideal candidates will also demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment;
- Hands-on, leads by example;
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives;
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to details;
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach;
- Recognizes the influence of workplace relationships on outcomes and results;
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the organization;
- Willingness to work collaboratively and to consider new ideas; and
- Commitment to the organization’s mission, financial stability, and success.
We offer a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit cover letter, along with a résumé or CV to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Policy Analyst - EC” Position is open until filled.