Are you passionate about attracting and engaging with the best and most diverse talent that will improve the way World Food Programme assists more than 86 million people around 83 countries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and talented Recruiter to join our team in Rome, Italy, at the World Food Programme’s Headquarters. You will be assigned to the Global Talent Acquisition Team (HRMTA), which supports the organization to equip its workforce with the right capabilities by sourcing top talent and building a talent pipeline for future needs.
What you will do?
As a Recruiter, you will be responsible for:
- Handle full-cycle recruiting for multiple and complex searches, particularly those that have challenges with diverse talent pools.
- Develop trusted relationships with Hiring Managers to understand their specific functional needs and plan/implement solutions to meet these staffing needs.
- Manage kick-off meetings with Hiring Managers to determine the requirements of the positions, develop attractive vacancy announcements and define effective sourcing and outreach strategies.
- Proactively source, engage, and maintain a strong candidate pipeline for assigned positions.
- Screen applications, assess candidates and conduct screening/panel interviews to gather information on the candidate’s profile, cultural fit, potential, and technical knowledge.
- Participate in outreach activities in social media, professional networks, diversity associations, online tools, universities, and community involvement.
- Contribute to the construction of talent pools for future positions across WFP.
- Provide on-going communication and a first-rate talent acquisition service to internal clients.
- Uphold a focus on candidate experience to keep WFP's talent pipeline engaged.
- Tracking, managing, and reporting on candidate pipelines through the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Stay up-to-date on new media tools, best practices, and how the talent acquisition team can best leverage these recruiting/networking tools.
- Participate and support in other Talent Acquisition initiatives and ad hoc projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
- University degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, or another relevant field.
- Fluency (level C) in English. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese is desired.
- Minimum of three years of postgraduate professional experience in Talent Acquisition, specifically recruiting hard-to-find profiles. Experience working in an international environment, as part of a multicultural and diverse team highly desirable.
- Demonstrated success in developing and deploying creative, effective candidate pipeline development methodologies and effective outreach strategies.
- Excellent verbal, written, and organizational skills, with the aptitude to adapt communication style to the relevant audience.
- Experience building strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at any time, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management; proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Experience working with technology tools related to an applicant tracking system, candidate database, and reporting. Experience with SAP recruitment platforms is desirable.
Terms & Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package that will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. The selected candidate will be employed on a short-term contract of six months with a possibility of extension.
Deadline: 2 February 2020
Please note that applications will be reviewed continuously, and interviews will be planned as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
VA No.: 113122