Details: Local competitive salary
1ra Avenida Norte No. 12, Impact Hub Antigua
San Juan del Obispo
SERES is currently searching for a Fundraising and Development Officer (FDO) to join our small, high-impact team of passionate entrepreneurs and changemakers and help us achieve our mission of cultivating and catalyzing youth leaders to build more just and sustainable communities in Central America. If you are a proactive self-starter, natural leader and highly motivated to make a positive impact in the world than this job is for you!
Working with our Executive Leadership team, you will lead the implementation of our fundraising strategy, helping to ensure reliable and adequate funding exists for efficient and effective planning and implementation of the organization’s strategic priorities over the next 3+ years.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Fundraising and Development Officer, you will take a lead role in driving SERES’ donor- and grant-related revenue streams to support our impact. Working alongside the organization’s Executive Director, you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting all fundraising activities in Guatemala and beyond including donor recruitment, development, cultivation, and activation, leading fundraising events, identifying grant opportunities and developing corporate collaborations. Principle roles and responsibilities include:
- Diversify and grow existing donor revenue streams, increasing individual giving by reconnecting with previous donors, increasing our base of donors, and cultivating major gifts;
- Target corporate giving through corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs that develop innovative business projects and new corporate collaborations;
- Identify prospects, research and analyze development options in order to predict business opportunities. Manage a personal portfolio of prospects;
- Develop and manage relationships with constituents, stakeholders and partners in order to obtain personal introductions to prospective constituents;
- Develop and present sales pitches and site visits in order to educate and sell mission engagement opportunities to prospects or constituents;
- Research prospects’ needs, concerns and objectives in order to create effective sponsorship proposals. In partnership with the Executive Director, Director of Operations and Programs and select Board Members, take a lead role on significant sponsorship/investment asks;
- Develop, execute and monitor development strategies to enhance cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors;
- Work with the ED to establish new revenue streams beyond traditional philanthropic donations and grant funding, with a target growth of 2% minimum p.a.;
- Make periodic contact, explore specific needs, and resolve problems in order to build and maintain constituent relationships;
- Utilize electronic data management tools in order to review and analyze pertinent information and monitor financial and mission related results.
WHAT YOU WILL BE A PART OF...
SERES mission is to cultivate and catalyze youth leaders to create more just and sustainable communities in Central America. We work with youth from low-income peripheral or rural communities in Guatemala and El Salvador, focusing on areas where increasing violence, income disparities and limited economic opportunities are placing increasing numbers of youth at-risk to the influence of gangs, crime and other impacts of social disintegration. Using our Framework for Change, we work with these “unlikely” leaders to unleash a generation of youth who have the skills, sense of self and spark to address tough challenges and initiate innovative and creative solutions that can reshape our society.
Over the last few years, the organization has received growing recognition and support both regionally and internationally as well as tremendous growth in political influence, collaborative partnerships and community outreach. In 2015 SERES was named Laureate of the UNESCO-Japan Prize for Education for Sustainable Development as well as a finalist for the Equator Prize. The organization has received increasing financial support from international foundations and organizations such as UNESCO, the InterAmerican Foundation and Rotary as well as interest from highly respected institutions such as Ashoka, the Aspen Institute and the International Youth Foundation.
For more information please visit www.seres.org
- A relevant university degree with a minimum of 5 years of work experience.
- A proven track record of acquiring funding for a range of projects.
- Able to achieve high standards with minimal supervision.
- Proactive, result oriented and target driven.
- You have strong social, communicative and diplomatic skills and are fluent in English and/or Spanish.
- You have excellent people- and public speaking skills.
- You are willing to make a minimum of 2-yr commitment to living in Guatemala
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Excited by this opportunity? Please send your CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com before October 31, 2018. Be sure to include examples of your previous fundraising experiences and successes. Is this not your dream job? Support SERES by sharing this job with your network!