108-25 62nd Drive
Borough of Queens
STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: 3 days/12 hours a week. Starting July 2018.
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse population of Queens through a broad network of programs and services for Children and Youth, Adults and Families, and Older Adults. We are a modern interpretation of the traditional settlement house, bringing to our work current best practices, cost-effective management, innovative leadership, and a passion for social and economic justice. Our mission is to provide individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities. We welcome amazing individuals who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are inspired by our mission and are highly motivated to change lives.
We are seeking a qualified bilingual (Cantonese/Mandarin/English) Program Aide with a strong commitment to social services to assist with community outreach at The Queens Childcare Network of Queens Community House. The Queens Childcare Network provides technical assistance and support to family and group family childcare providers. Through home visits, information and referral, education and use of peer role-modeling, the network promotes quality regulated in-home childcare services. The Program Aide is responsible for engaging in various activities that will promote and support the Chinese-American population to get enrolled in to the Queens Community Childcare Network and become family or group family license providers.
- Outreach to the Chinese-American Childcare Provider population: inform them about the benefits of getting enrolled into the CACFP Food Program and becoming a member of the Queens Childcare Network.
- Enroll 10 Chinese-American childcare providers into the Childcare Network during July 2018 and June 2019.
- Provide information and assistance to the provider community about licensing, joining the network, as well as other services offered for the parent and child community, such as CACFP (Food Program) and trainings (offered inside and outside Queens Community House).
- Help assess a provider’s eligibility and associated paperwork to become a licensed provider.
- Translate relevant materials from English to Chinese.
- Create flyers and brochures for the purpose of outreach.
- Conduct various orientation meetings for potential Chinese-American childcare providers.
- Assist the Director with home visits to Chinese-American providers.
- Perform general office duties including data entry, answering phone calls, faxing documents, and filing.
- To be able to work both individually and as part of a team in a professional manner.
- Establish connections with Chinese organizations to increase outreach.
- Distribute flyers around the target populations (Flushing, Bayside, Elmhurst).
- Background in childcare and/or related field preferred.
- Bilingual Cantonese/Mandarin/English Required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (i.e. Publisher, Word, Excel).
- Familiarity with Queens Chinese-American community.
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player.
Additional Details (For FT Positions):
This position is available immediately. Queens Community House offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. The benefits package varies by position and may include medical/dental/vision offerings, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, generous time off and a 403b plan. We value health and wellness too and as such staff can earn annual leave days, sick days and enjoy most federal holidays. Staff can also take advantage of an array of professional development opportunities, including trainings and learning bits.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that looks to continually enrich the lives of our diverse member community. If you would like to join our team, please forward your cover letter and resume, with subject line “Program Aide (Bilingual – Cantonese/Mandarin/English)” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
Minimum Education Required