Virtual Work Environment
Founded in 2001, the Massachusetts Charter Public School Association (MCPSA) serves more than 70 schools and 44,000 students. It has an extensive history of supporting and advocating for charter schools across the state and is currently in a period of exciting organizational growth. Massachusetts public charter schools are widely recognized as one of the highest performing charter sectors in the country. The mission of MCPSA is to create and protect the conditions that will enable the public charter sector to thrive, contributing toward the common goal of all Massachusetts’ children having equitable access to high-quality schools.
Reporting to the MCPSA’s Operations Manager, the Operations Associate will fulfill a wide range of operational functions for the Association. Assuming primary responsibility for organizational meetings and providing support for external events, vendor and account communications, facilities, finance, and survey administration, this position requires a motivated, self-starter with a desire to work in a collaborative team environment, and continually analyze and improve systems.
- Respond to member inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner, always displaying the highest level of service and support.
- Maintain MCPSA’s calendar to optimize time and to facilitate the exchange of information.
- Retrieve, scan, and distribute MCPSA postal mail from Hudson office on a weekly basis, adhering to documented process.
- Check MCPSA voice and email messages on a timely basis, responding to inquiries and requests directly, or routing to appropriate parties within the organization.
- Manage members-only intranet section of the MCPSA website, adding content and members as needed.
- Manage schedules and work plans for projects using the operations team’s project management platform.
- Provide bookkeeping support including accounts payable coding, document organization, and other projects as needed.
- Manage the MCPSA Vendor Marketplace.
- Assist with expense reporting and tracking.
- Create and maintain contact lists and other data spreadsheets, ensuring records are accurate and current.
- Provide administrative, scheduling, and special project support to the Executive Director as needed.
- Coordinate mailings or other distributions of information, both internally and externally.
- Other administrative tasks and projects, as assigned.
Meeting and Event Planning
- Own the entire life cycle and necessary tasks of all organization meetings including staff, Board, committee, membership and school trainings, developing and adhering to specific timelines for each.
- Coordinate catering and cleaning; maintain registration lists, invitations, reminders, and attendee tracking; document preparation and distribution; evaluations; and other necessary activities.
- Provide administrative support for logistics and execution of external events.
- Maintain and track all office equipment.
- Ensure that central office is clean, organized, stocked, and prepared for professional use at all times.
- Manage current vendor relationships (including catering, maintenance, etc.) and build relationships with new vendors.
- Act as point-of-contact for office or facility issues.
- Strong commitment to MCPSA’s mission and values.
- Flexible and adaptive work style with the ability to manage multiple tasks and unforeseen projects, learn quickly, think creatively, and develop and implement systems and processes.
- Exceptional time management skills, unwavering attention to detail, and a proven track record of successfully working in a virtual environment with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions with a constant eye towards improvement.
- Experience with a variety of cloud technologies, including data management systems, Google Docs and BaseCamp. Proficiency with Excel spreadsheets required and use of Macintosh platforms preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills, follow-through, and project status communication.
- Highly proactive and willing to take initiative.
- Professional attitude, friendly demeanor, and strict adherence to confidentiality requirements.
- Advanced proofreading skills, noting details and detecting errors.
- At least two years of similar administrative experience and event management, preferably with a non-profit organization.
Location and Timing
This full time position is available immediately. MCPSA is a virtual organization with team members working remotely throughout the state. Candidates must live within Massachusetts, with frequent travel to our central office in Hudson and periodic travel to Boston.
MCPSA offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including base salary, bonus, health, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
Please do not apply through a job board and instead submit a resume and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and continued until the position is filled.
Notice of Non-discrimination
The Massachusetts Charter Public School Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. MCPSA does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
Minimum Education Required