Reporting to the Senior Accountant, Finance Associate is responsible for day-to-day bookkeeping transactions including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts and Payroll along with special projects. The Finance Associate is responsible for applying and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial data. This position is also responsible for preparing payroll and expense authorizations for the Finance department.
- Process Accounts Payables: including check requests, invoices and purchase orders, verify budget with the expense request, monitor encumbered expenses.
- Daily processing of cash receipts.
- Support preparation of financial statements.
- Support preparation of financial management reports including monthly budget reports, cash flow, etc.
- Support accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes.
- Assist in preparation of year-end closing and annual fiscal audit; actively participated in the audit.
- Process and track petty cash.
- Support revenue and expense reconciliations.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and prepare payroll journal entries.
- File and maintain files for all bookkeeping functions and all operations of the Finance department.
- Assist in preparing reports as requested.
- Other fiscal duties/projects as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 1-year experience in non-profit audit or accounting.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, with advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with Financial Edge (or if not, experience with similar software).
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Must be a detail-oriented person.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting in a fast- paced environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The New York Women’s Foundation® is an equal opportunity employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Commensurate with experience
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
The New York Women's Foundation
Attention: Human Resources
39 Broadway, 23rd Floor
New York, NY 10006
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE.