247 West 37th Street
SUMMARY: Create and implement successful agency-specific growth strategies, sales, and marketing plans. Responsible for identifying, referring and placing eligible individuals in home care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identify home care-appropriate consumers via internal and external resources.
· Assist consumers and families in selecting appropriate partnering contract and maintain communication to ensure successful enrollment followed by referral to JASA’s Home Care and other services, such as SADC, HMDL, etc.
· Assist clients and families to identify unmet needs and gaps in services; and refer to appropriate programs within JASA and community.
· Supervise Medicaid Application Specialists in assisting consumers with application, submission and approval process.
· Maintain and coordinate the interdepartmental communication system regarding client services.
· Act as a liaison between the programs to ensure client care issues are resolved. Ensure timely follow-up strategies.
· Provide information/ presentations to various JASA departments and business partners on home care services and industry updates.
· Remain knowledgeable of JASA’s services and resources in the community.
· Represent the agency at various venues to promote agency services.
· Develop and deliver outreach activities/new referral sources to promote agency’s growth.
· Participate on Quality Improvement Committee to enhance services and improve outcomes.
· Participate in Value Based Purchasing agency’s initiatives
· Collect data from internal and external sources.
· Perform other responsibilities as required.
· Bending, sitting, stooping and standing.
· Office setting
· Requires traveling within NYC
· BSW or Baccalaureate degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
· 5 years of experience in Home Care Industry or related field, 1 year in supervisory or management capacity
· Background in Medicaid and other public programs; Managed Care Plans and private insurance.
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Outreach/Customer Relations experience a plus.
· Be trusted by the community to provide appropriate, clear and correct information.
· Be able to effectively serve low-income, disadvantaged, and hard-to-reach population.
· Should have solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office knowledge and ability to learn program-specific software.
· Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Additional languages helpful.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Highly motivated and goal directed.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required