200 Liberty Street
The 9/11 Memorial Museum’s Interpretive Guide Program plays a key role in our educational mission. Interpretive Guides lead artifact-based public tours to Museum visitors interested in learning about the World Trade Center, 9/11 and its precursors and aftermath, and the rebuilding of the site. In addition, they lead tours of the 9/11 Memorial. Intensive initial training will be provided by Memorial Museum staff.
- Deliver tours centered on key artifacts throughout the Museum, discussing their background and relevance with Museum visitors and key stakeholders.
- Deliver tours of the 9/11 Memorial.
- Continually study the Museum’s collections, exhibitions, and content to ensure a thorough understanding of our institution, the World Trade Center, and the history surrounding 9/11.
- Ensure that all content delivered to Memorial and Museum visitors is accurate.
- Make other presentations on behalf of the Museum, as requested.
- College degree or equivalent required
- At least 3 years’ experience in education or related field working with diverse ages and audiences
- Knowledge of educational pedagogy, differentiated instruction, and best practices in museum education preferred
- Self-starter, takes initiative, works well independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to interact professionally and appropriately with staff, volunteers, and the public
- Command of a second language, including ASL, preferred
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- Ability to accept guidance, direction, and supervision; able to give feedback and share ideas appropriately and professionally
- Must adhere to a policy of strict confidentiality in terms of information regarding 9/11 victims, bid documents, security and life safety incidents, and labor relations
- Full-time and part-time positions.
- Schedule involves a flexible work week, including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Competitive salary.
- Full benefits package for full-time positions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please indicate the location where job posting was seen.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter, which must include your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please visit our web site at www.911Memorial.org
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO