The position provides critical and core support to the accounting process and is responsible for the preparation of analysis and upload of the payroll data, bank reconciliations and proper billing and accounts receivable transactions and bank reporting. This position works on special projects as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Supervise Accounts Receivable/Billing
- Monthly upload and analysis of the payroll information including analysis of all payroll related balance sheet accounts and fringe allocations
- Conduct standard month end closing procedures
- Preparation and distribution of daily cash report
- Daily review of all bank accounts and processing of interbank transfers as needed
- Timely completion of bank reconciliations for all bank accounts
- Preparation of monthly borrowing base reporting
- Assist Controller with annual audits
- Ensure proper record keeping of consumer funds
- Posting of the adjusting journal entries related to payroll, particularly based on changes in allocations, with attention to the CFR code and adjustments
- Reconciliation of the quarterly 941 schedule
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts (Loans/Mortgages, Prepaid Assets and Prepaid Insurance as appropriate)
- Work with Development and Training department to properly record monthly donations and training revenues
- Assist Controller in maintenance of ERP system (Currently Sage/Intacct)
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Candidate must have at least 5 years of general accounting experience including supervisory experience preferably within a complex non-profit organization.
- Candidates should possess strong proficiency in MS Excel.
- Experience should include management, general ledger account analysis, audit preparation, financial statement analysis and supervision of diversified professional teams.
- Should be able to present, interpret and effectively communicate financial data.
- Experience with accounting system packages is a strong plus.
- Candidates should have the ability to multitask, work well under pressure, and manage multiple priorities.