Details: commensurate with experience
36-14 35th Street
Long Island City
For 35 years, Legal Outreach has been using the law as a tool for raising the bar of academic achievement and for changing the trajectory of students from underserved communities and poorly performing schools in New York City. Through intensive legal and educational programs, Legal Outreach works directly with students to support their college and professional aspirations and through schools and community-based organizations to equip young people with knowledge and skills that will enable them to assert their legal and constitutional rights. Please see www.legaloutreach.org for more information.
Under the supervision of the Director of Training and Special Initiatives, the CLE Coordinator will:
- Cultivate partnerships with agencies and organizations;
- Develop and teach law lessons to youth;
- Assist with the coordination of a mock trial program and train law students to coach mock trial;
- Assist with the coordination of the Summer Internship Program for ninth grade students at private law firms, public interest agencies, courts, and financial institutions;
- Assist in the development of curricular materials related to family and criminal law and lead professional development workshops for NYC public school teachers; and
- Assist with program-related administrative tasks.
- Candidate must have a strong and proven background in education, law, advocacy, community-related issues, and youth programs.
- Candidate must have strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate should be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate should be highly organized, detail-oriented, able to set priorities and comfortable multi-tasking.
Generous medical and vacation benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, writing sample (3-5 pages) and 2 references to email@example.com. Use APPLICATION FOR CLE COORDINATOR as your subject. Please attach your cover letter, resume, references and writing sample as a Microsoft Word (.doc) or PDF document. No applicants will be contacted who do not submit a cover letter and writing sample. No phone calls please.