2136 Crotona Parkway
Reports to: Superintendent
Location: Tier II Shelter (Phipps Neighborhoods/ Sojourner Truth House)
Ensure the cleanliness of the building, compactor room and recyclable area. Ensure that units are turned over for new families within the Department of Homeless Services (DHS) guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for meticulous upkeep of grounds, amenities and building exterior.
• Snow removal
• Sweep the entire building outside area, front, sides and back.
• Sweep, mop and clean the entire lobby.
• Clean lobby glass fronts and rear.
• Clean office areas, recreation room and child care room daily.
• Carries out minor repairs as directed.
• Checks and replaces exterior lighting
• Clean sewer and drain blockages in all apartments and public access areas.
• Remove large items from compactor chute rooms daily.
• Ensures that storage areas always remain locked when not in use.
• Ensure that all vacancies are cleared of prior client’s belongings.
• Clean and turn over units within DHS guidelines.
• Attend professional development trainings regarding cleaning methods, techniques and new methods.
• Report damage and/or unsafe conditions to the Superintendent and/or Program Director.
- Experience in building maintenance.
- Prior experience as a Porter and/or Handyman.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferable.
- Seeking bi-lingual candidate.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply using the following link: