The International Budget Partnership seeks a data-driven, Digital Strategist with a passion for social justice and experience designing creative digital campaigns. The Digital Strategist will leverage all digital channels—social media, the website and email campaigns—to engage target audiences.
With the goal of eliminating poverty, the International Budget Partnership (IBP) works to ensure that all people, especially underserved communities, have the right and ability to understand and influence how public money – their money – is raised and spent. IBP is a nonprofit organization fiercely dedicated to ensuring governments use public funds to help those that need it most. In more than 120 countries, we pioneer new approaches to enable oversight of government taxation and spending. IBP is a multi-cultural environment with strong camaraderie among mission driven people.
- Reporting to the Communications Director, the Digital Strategist will be a savvy social justice-focused marketer and campaigner who can leverage digital channels to tell our stories of impact and engage target audiences.
- The Strategist will design creative content and distribution strategies for the organization’s social media, newsletter, and website to drive engagement and conversions with traditional and new audiences, particularly the broader development community.
- The Strategist will manage the social media calendar and content, including planning engagement activities (twitter chats, multimedia campaigns, calls to action, etc.), working closely with our storyteller/senior content strategist based in the field. She/he/they will design and disseminate social media toolkits and manage relationships with digital communicators in partner organizations to amplify IBP efforts.
- The Strategist will manage the website and coordinate a website redesign process with an outside vendor, including the integration of a new brand and audience engagement goals in the design of the front end and user experience (UX). She/he/they will oversee regular uploading of content to and tracking of traffic to and engagement with the website.
- She/he/they will manage the monthly newsletter content calendar and production process, including leading a redesign and coordinating approvals, creative content and copy, distribution, and analytics.
- She/he/they will spearhead organic and paid digital marketing campaigns, with the help of outside consultants when needed.
- She/he/they will oversee and guide the organization’s efforts to optimize conversion rates and SEO metrics.
- She/he/they will liaise with the Development team to coordinate on content creation, conversion goals, and impact metrics for donor audiences.
- Share social media best practices with employees and promote brand and messaging consistency across all owned digital channels.
- 3-5 years of experience in a digital communications role; agency experience is strongly desired.
- Proven track record of designing and executing digital media campaigns across various platforms.
- Experience using digital media tools such as Hootsuite and MailChimp.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of Drupal preferred, some experience with UX design is a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience designing creative content, like infographics and interactive gifs, for social media.
- Strong digital marketing and data analysis skills, experience with audience segmentation to guide engagement and conversion strategies.
- Ability to distill complex topics into crisp and persuasive copy for social media, websites and newsletters.
- Knowledge of how to drive engagement with both organic and paid social media.
- Culturally competent team player, with strong interpersonal skills, who can thrive in and contribute to a culture of collaboration in a diverse, remote, global work environment.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of another language a plus.
- An innately data-driven marketer with a strong design sense and experience.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to ask critical questions around audience and design pathways to drive those audiences up a ladder of engagement with our work.
- Ability to quickly grasp complicated subjects and their implications, and to present these issues in a clear, compassionate, and persuasive manner. The ideal candidate has their finger on the pulse of the news cycle and global politics and can connect IBP work to these happenings.
- Self-starter with a willingness to initiate projects, communicate progress proactively, and pitch in to support others; effective at managing sideways effectively across field teams, within the communications team, and with leadership to achieve and assess outcomes.
- High level of organization and time management skills; able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Commitment and enthusiasm of IBP's mission and core values of equity, openness, collaboration, trust, accountability, and urgency.
- Doggedness in telling stories about IBP's impact with a focus on transforming lives.
Salary range: $60,000 - $70,000
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at the International Budget Partnership, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Please apply with resume and cover letter stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the role.