155 East 55th Street
Reports to: Director, Special Events
The Lung Cancer Research Foundation (LCRF) is a nonprofit organization focused on supporting lung cancer research. Our mission is to improve lung cancer outcomes by funding research for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure of lung cancer. LCRF is seeking to hire a Special Events Associate to support the special events team. The individual must be independent, proactive, motivated and detail-oriented, with an understanding and interest in special events.
- Provide exceptional customer service to LCRF donors and represent the Foundation with the utmost professionalism.
- Assist the events team and key constituents throughout the planning process and on-site at events.
- Staff all LCRF events; act as on-site point of contact at events including the oversight of deliveries and organization of materials.
- Assist with the management of event logistics for signature events.
- Support fundraising efforts including corporate and leadership outreach.
- Implement and manage online ticket pages.
- Manage event revenue tracking spreadsheets and produce weekly revenue reports.
- Provide phone and email follow-up to event sponsors and ticket purchasers.
- Work closely with and manage volunteers.
- Leadership of smaller scale events (with oversight from Director of Special Events).
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with multi-faceted events of 250+ guests.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Strong written, verbal and oral communication skills.
- Proofreading skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively with a team and independently.
The LCRF is an equal opportunity employer
Level of Language Proficiency
English - Strong written, verbal and oral communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position via email to email@example.com. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Due to the volume of inquiries, only applicants who best match the position will be contacted.