2831 15th Street, NW
District of Columbia
The Patient Access Manager ensures excellent customer services to all clients of La Clínica del Pueblo. Responsibilities include liaising with government officials, medical insurances, managing the clinic’s front office operations to include patient eligibility, and insurance eligibility/registration to allow La Clínica del Pueblo to carry out its mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Front Office and Intake:
· Supervise Intake Workers and Lead Insurance Specialist
- Orient and guide patients regarding LCDP’s policies and procedures regarding their rights and responsibilities, and how to access LCDP services
· Maintain updated information on patient’s insurance status in the EMR, along with information regarding eligibility for services, copayment, deductible, co-insurance, etc.
- Provide information to clients regarding their coverage, including but not limited to premium, eligibility for services, copayment, deductible, co-insurance, penalties and processes for registration and re-certification.
- Identify and support enrollment of patients who are eligible for public insurance programs such as DC Healthcare Alliance, Medicaid, Medicare and Qualified Health Plans (QHPs)
- Train and become an Affordable Care Act Navigator or In-Person Assistor
- Maintain or shift insurance mix of the clinic within certain guidelines.
- Oversee the patient registration services by planning, assigning and reviewing the work of all staff/subordinate employees engaged in collecting/retrieving patient data
- Maintain updated information about patient’s eligibility for LCDP sliding fees and discounts
- Implement changes in Sliding Fee Scale together with the Medical Reception Team as they are approved by the Board of Directors
- Identify and support enrollment of patients who are eligible for LCDP internal programs
- Serve as resource to patients and staff on community resources
- Make changes as needed in the intake process to maximize the number of insured patients and to minimize denied of claims.
- Innovate the intake processes, ensuring Intake Workers receive proper training and quality implementation.
- Establish plans and work strategies to ensure the delivery of quality customer services to all patients.
- Work in collaboration with Director of Nursing to ensure patients are up-to-date with pharmaceutical insurance and Ryan White benefits.
- Work in close collaboration with all services directors to ensure high quality of care for all new and existing clients
- Collaborate across LCDP’s locations to ensure consistency with patient/client registration and foster learning amongst all staff.
Front and back office integration
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information in the position’s purview and immediately reports any suspected violations of HIPPA Compliance or other federal, state and local privacy requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the Chief Financial Officer, Director of Clinical Operations, Patient Revenue Manager and direct reports to develop processes and plan strategically to ensure patient access to services within the organization while maximizing 3rd party revenue opportunities
- Ensure that staff practices high-quality phone and customer service etiquette at all times
- Ensure staff compliance to LCDP mission statement and policies and procedures, as well as all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Ensure client confidentiality is strictly maintained
- Participate in meetings and other committees as assigned
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Clinical Operations to manage the Practice Management Budget for the 15th Street Location including all grants incorporated in the budget
- Participate in all external trainings and meeting required to maintain ACA certifications for one’s self and one’s department
- Organize Enrollment events with the Development and CHA department for ACA and Medicaid
- Make recommendation regarding hiring, discipline, and promotion of subordinates; authorize leave; evaluate and rate employee performance
- Contribute to the overall positive climate of the organization
- Conduct staff meetings on regular basis and maintains notes of discussions.
- Maintain and develop manuals and other training tools for intake and insurance enrollment.
- Ensure all EMR data under the purview of Patient Access is executed
- Attend regularly scheduled organization wide meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in health care, social work, public health or related field, preferred
· Two years prior medical office or community health clinic experience
· Previous supervisory/management experience, preferred
· Two years prior work in Latino community
· Proficient in eCW Practice Management Software
· Ability to prioritize multiple projects and have excellent organizational skills
· Excellent customer services skills and the ability to instill them in others
· Strong communication, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· MS office or equivalent computer experience; Practice Management Software experience
· Strong database and web skills
· Excellent comfort with technology and the ability to innovate within the department
· Ability to navigate convoluted systems and guide others to do the same
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates visit the link to apply!