Safe Horizon is the nation’s leading nonprofit victim assistance, advocacy and violence prevention program. Safe Horizon’s Child Advocacy Centers play a critical, front-line role in responding to child sexual abuse and severe physical abuse by providing a coordinated and collaborative approach to the investigation of such cases, while ensuring that victims receive immediate, effective support.
The Program Assistant is the first point of contact for all children and families entering the CAC. The Program Assistant will welcome and orient every child and non-offending family members to the CAC and immediately link the family to a Senior Case Manager.
The Program Assistant plays a critical role in creating an environment that is safe, welcoming and upholds the core values and mission of the CAC. In addition, the Program Assistant is responsible for:
- Answers and directs telephone calls, faxes and mail directed to department of site;
- Manages reception area;
- Supervises the child play area;
- Collects basic intake information;
- Enters data into NCAtrak, the CAC’s case tracking database;
- Performs administrative and clerical office duties including report preparation; administering petty cash, metro cards and parking garage vouchers; processing payment requests;
- Assists in supervising the playroom volunteers;
- Straightens up the playroom, interview/observation rooms and counseling rooms at the end of every day
- Other program related duties as necessary
- HS Diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred or combination of college course work and professional experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Experience working with children.
- Bilingual in Spanish required.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required