Details: Commensurate with experience
1405 County Route 22
Art Omi seeks an experienced and creative Director of Communications to oversee its communications, branding, public relations and marketing operations. The Director will work across to support Art Omi’s public and residency programs, as well as campaigns relating to development and fundraising.
- Implementing cohesive messaging strategies for Art Omi across multiple platforms
- Design and development of Omi’s promotional materials, postcards, brochures, etc.
- Media outreach – press list development, press release writing, and distribution to local, regional and national media.
- Mangage website and social media accounts.
- Implement strategic improvements for visitor experience and data collection throughout the park and visitors center.
- Oversee advertising campaigns, including ad buys and design.
- Support executive communications, including speech writing, annual reports and board presentations.
- Develop E-newsletters and eblasts (sent weekly or semi weekly, depending on season).
- Maintain photo library and design templates for print, e-newsletter and website.
- Act as a liaison for Art Omi in the community, media, and at events.
- Documentation of events and exhibitions.
- Measurement and evaluation of success of events, mailings and outreach against goals (e.g. applicants to residency programs, attendees at events, growth of social media audience).
- Strong writing/editing and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in social media marketing, email marketing programs and website management.
- Highly organized; strong management and planning skills.
- Team player who can also work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to positive organizational change.
- 2-4 years of communications and marketing experience, or comparable non-profit experience.
- Design, video and photography experience a plus.
Omi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply email a resume and cover letter with "Director of Communications" in the subject line.
Applicants who are invited to interview will submit additional writing samples prior to interview.