5300 Soquel Avenue
Open Position: Human Resources Coordinator
Reports To: Chief Human Resources Officer
Our Organization: Dientes is an award-winning, NHSC approved dental organization serving Santa Cruz County. Our mission is to create lasting oral health for the under-served children and adults of Santa Cruz County and neighboring communities. We are a non-profit organization that believes in providing top-notch, quality care for all patients regardless of income. We provide comprehensive dental services including specialty care, and serve over 10,000 children, adults and seniors with over 38,000 dental visits projected in FY 2018. Our philosophies value safety, quality, community, education and fun, all while striving to put our patients first.
The Position: We’re looking for a super-organized HR Coordinator to join our small but mighty HR team! This is the perfect role for an entry-level or Junior HR professional looking to develop their professional skills and abilities in the Human Resources field. The role comes with an amazing mentor, an SPHR as direct manager, and a great work environment that highly values its staff. We are looking for someone interested in the non-profit field who can learn and grow with the organization. Is it you!?
• Stellar organizational skills are a MUST!
• Positive, energetic, and fun personality, willing to go the extra mile across the board
• Outstanding people skills with high level capacity to work well with diverse groups of people
• Team player, willing to communicate and work together both inside HR and outside the department
• Ability to work well under pressure and be able to balance multiple tasks efficiently
• Skilled use of PCs, Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
• Must be punctual and dependable, able to represent the HR team in the office consistently and professionally
• Three to five years administrative experience preferred
• Knowledge of current HR practices preferred
• Recruitment experience strongly preferred
• Assists with recruitment and interview processes including job posting, sourcing candidates, phone screening applications, and scheduling interviews
• Completion, documentation, and maintenance of new hire forms including I-9 processing and tracking
• Performs customer service functions by responding to employee questions and requests
• Works closely with Payroll to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions
• Assists with Background Checks
• Reconciles benefits statements
• Maintains tracking of employee professional licensing and annual requirements
• Maintains Employee Files
• Assists with processing new hires and terminations, including on-boarding paperwork and exit interview facilitation
• Other duties as assigned
The Pay: $18-$20/hour with AMAZING perks!
Why Should You Apply? Here’s what our current employees say:
• “My co-workers at Dientes are like a second family to me. I feel supported by my team and go home every day feeling good about the work I’ve done.”
• “Dientes patients are like no other! Every day, multiple times a day, I am thanked by patients, and their gratitude goes a long way.”
• “The best thing about working for Dientes for me is the fact that we have the best technology, even as a non-profit. A lot of people wouldn’t expect our facilities to be so clean and modern. It feels good to offer this high level of care to our underserved patients- they deserve it.”
• “I’m a Dentist, and never before in my career have I been offered such a generous benefits plan, including PTO, sick time, and vacation. Paired with the meaningful work I do each day, I know that I’m in the right place.”
Dientes is an equal opportunity employer.
• 4 health insurance options, 2 of which we pay 100% of employee’s premiums, 50% paid for dependents. We provide the best of the best dental services (provided onsite!) for employee and 50% paid for dependents.
• Generous PTO: We provide 15 days paid time off in first year and increasing to 18 paid days off in year two. That’s in addition to 11 paid holidays. That’s FIVE WEEKS in year one of employment!
• Retirement: Dientes offers a generous benefits package including up to 3% contribution toward 403b plan.
• Education Allowance: Our staff members receive a reimbursement of up to $300 per Fiscal Year.
• Work/Life Balance: At Dientes, we work hard, and we play hard. It is extremely rare that you will see a day over 8 hours, and we encourage you daily to go out and enjoy the CA sun!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required