17 Battery Place
Community Access, Inc. (CA), founded in 1974, is a progressive not-for-profit organization that expands opportunities for people living with mental health concerns to recover from trauma and discrimination through affordable housing, training, advocacy and healing-focused services. We are built upon the simple truth that people are experts in their own lives. Our programs are spread across 20 locations and include over 1000 units of supportive housing in three boroughs.
Salary : Annual salary is low to mid 80s, plus an excellent benefits package.
Location : 17 Battery Place, New York
The Director is responsible for the overall operation of the AHI, working with the Director of Peer Informed Practice and other leadership staff in start-up activities. Key ongoing responsibilities include oversight of Borough Coordinators and Peer Advocate teams, development of policies and procedures, management of budgeting and fiscal resources, and establishing productive and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
All staff are responsible for incorporating the following principles into their work: participants’ right to self-determination; respectful communication; and delivering services consistent with and nurturing each participant’s cultural background, experience, identity, and values.
* Recipient/survivor of mental health services, preferred
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
* At least three years working in peer service delivery or behavioral health setting
* At least three years of supervisory experience required
* Experience with developing new initiatives and program start-up, preferred
* Strong understanding and practice of peer-informed services models
* Experience with NYC Mental Health Housing, preferred
* Ability to travel and work afternoons, evenings and weekends
Bilingual Spanish-speaking candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should apply on www.communityaccess.org/jobs
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.Women, People of Color and Members of the LGBT community are strongly encouraged to apply.CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management. www.communityaccess.org
Minimum Education Required