2500 Northeast 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking Program Manager – Homelessness Prevention Program. Under the supervision of the Director of Prevention, and in collaboration with other Prevention Program Managers, this position will oversee the day-to-day operations for programs including: human trafficking, juvenile detention, sexual violence, one permanent housing program, and other new services, as Prevention programs expands. Common tasks will include hiring and supervising program staff, providing one-on-one supervision, leading community collaborations, contract oversight, record keeping, and reporting, and implementation of programming in accordance with YouthCare and funding source procedures, rules, and guidelines.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field and 5 or more years of experience successfully working with vulnerable young people or young people experiencing crisis, during outreach efforts or in residential setting. OR, Master’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field and at least 1 year of experience working with vulnerable young people or young people experiencing crisis, during outreach efforts or in residential setting.
- 2 or more years’ experience supervising staff
- Demonstrated skill in staff supervision and understanding of staff development principles. Strong team leadership and team development skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Access to a personal vehicle and a willingness to transport young people in your personal vehicle. Possession of required liability insurance to transport young people in your personal vehicle.
- When taking call, must be able to respond in person and address emergent and safety concerns within a reasonable amount of time 24 hours a day.
- Ability to follow YouthCare’s Taking Call policy when providing occasional Safe Place coverage. Policy requirements include:
- No use of alcohol or any substance that would cause the staff member to be under the influence. Staff members taking call are expected to abide by YouthCare’s Alcohol and Drug Free Workplace policy as if on-duty.
- Maintain cell phone coverage for entire time period staff is taking call. Respond to calls and messages promptly.
- Be able to answer calls at any time and physically be present if necessary.
- Maintain the ability to be accessible for calls across King County within 45 minutes.
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Program Manager – Homelessness Prevention