2935 West Polk Street
Essential Functions of the position are detailed below, and include any physical requirements below that.
1. Provides case management services to pregnant and parenting adolescents and young adults and their 0-3 year old children by conducting home visits, completing psychosocial assessments and creating a service plan for a caseload which is determined by the contract.
2. Implements service plan for all cases assigned and provides all indicated referrals. Completes developmental screenings using prescribed tools and utilizes an evidence based curriculum in working with clients per program protocols.
3. Completes parent enrichment activities with adolescent and young adult parents and children on caseload per program protocols. Facilitates parenting groups and/or parent/child groups at school or other community locations.
4. Knowledgeable about community resources and links clients to appropriate resources. Follows up on all referrals and progress toward service plan goals. Advocates on behalf of clients in order to ensure access to services for which the client is eligible.
5. Provides effective interventions utilizing a client centered, strengths-based goal oriented process for assessing the needs of an individual and assisting the client in obtaining the required services and meeting service plan goals. Assesses the potential risk factors which may affect pregnancy, delivery and the adolescent or young adult mother's and child's development in general.
6. Maintains accurate case notes, records significant contacts, records all referrals and provides for timely completion of all necessary documents in case file. Records all work activities in the agency client statistical system.
7. Responsible for submission of all new intake demographic data and contact reports, documentation of services, accurate assessment information and tracking of agency resources which are distributed to the clients as incentives or emergency assistance.
8. Actively participates in weekly supervision and is prepared to discuss any issues impacting clients that may indicate additional case management services are necessary. Seeks supervisory consultation around issues of abuse, suicide and other identified risk factors.
9. Completes outreach to local agencies and Chicago Public School personnel for case referrals.
10. Must be fluent in English and Spanish to provide services in client's preferred language and to provide language interpretation for clients with limited English proficiency.
PLEASE NOTE: Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 35 pounds.
X Climb up and down up to 4 flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 35 pounds.
Other Requirements Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to (check all that apply).
X Background check, including any program specific requirements.
X Driver's License and reliable transportation
X Agency-specified automobile insurance
X Additional Requirements: May require Spanish Speaking abilities
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Early Childhood Development, Counseling or Psychology
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Case Management, Child and Family Behavior, Sociology , or Behavioral Science
Preferred: 2 years
Minimum Education Required