Details: Salary is commensurate with experience, and Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package. This is a full-time exempt position.
ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change – amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
The Development Team of Color Of Change (COC) ensures there are sufficient resources for COC to remain a powerful influencer across broad segments of the progressive movement. We are creative and passionate professionals committed to excellence in the pursuit of Color Of Change’s mission. We are committed to racial equity in America and building an effective, unapologetic and unrelenting opposition-- built to win media wars and win back hearts and minds; block destructive policies from taking effect; mobilize missions of people to define the majority; and ultimately govern the country. We do this through driving COC’s resource development strategy and infrastructure, to advance the Color Of Change mission.
Color Of Change seeks an Associate Grant Writer that will integrate his/her deep passing and general understanding of social and racial equity concepts, policies, activities in America to create compelling solutions and narratives on how institutions and foundations can partner with Color Of Change to advance its mission. Through leveraging data insights from our studies and campaigns the Associate Writer, under the direction of the Senior Writer will chiefly be responsible for supporting the identification of potential fits between grantor funding priorities and COC’s mission as well as writing and editing letters of intent, grant applications and proposals, and preparing timely reports to funding sources on grants received.
Supports all research activities for potential grant opportunities that align with COC’s mission by performing prospect research on foundations and informing all relevant internal stakeholders of grant opportunities and eligibility requirements regularly. Ensures that standard elements such as qualifications statements, staff biographies, support letters and required funder forms are accurate and readily available.
Supports the development of case statements and narratives to identify strategic areas for program growth that describe COC’s campaigns in a way that will inspire funding interest that fuels our media, criminal& economic justice and power & voice work. Responsible for identification, research, and strategic outreach for new and existing institutional and foundation partners.
Supports the submission of proposals, applications, letters of interest, and concept papers by synthesizing campaign and organizational needs and goals into provoking proposals. This also may involve developing and executing work plans and timelines, meeting facilitation, quality assurance, internal communications with internal/ external partners and funders, and final submission.
Facilitates grantor understanding of Color Of Change by supporting the organization of interactions with the appropriate COC staff, board members and donors. This may include sharing information about COC with grantors, arranging and conducting video/conference calls, and site visits.
Any other duties as assigned to help advance COC’s fundraising strategy and organizational infrastructure.
● Creative: You can conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling to prospects, donors, board members and other stakeholders. You have a knack for designing logic models and conveying information and research that is compelling, clear, and analytic in style.
● An Organizational Maven: You can manage across multiple work streams and functions, keeping deadlines and managing complexity by simplifying solutions, systems and processes with clarity and attention to detail. You have an ability to efficiently meet deadlines.
● Adaptable and Flexible: You can handle any curveball, and in fact, you expect them. You can meet deadlines and manage competing priorities. Additionally, you are strategic and have the ability to pivot quickly as priorities shift and the team continues to take shape. You can and are willing to travel if needed.
● A Self Starter: You have the ability to initiate, organize and manage projects, and to interface successfully with colleagues in a collaborative approach.
● Collaborative: You see yourself as central to cultivating productive relationships with contacts across the social and racial justice space including agencies, movement builders, advocacy organizations, and academia.
● Professional Experience: A minimum of one (1) year of professional/ progressive work experience in proposal or program development.
● Experience Generating Funding For Racial and Social Equity Movements: You have a deep passion and broad but general understanding of the racial and social equity ecosystem as well as the concepts and agents that are funding and pushing the work forward. You have had exposure to drawing insights from outcomes data and/ or crafting LOIs, concept papers, proposals and stewardship materials for progressive institutions that have secured significant, multi-year gifts.
● Mission Alignment: You have enthusiasm, familiarity and demonstrated alignment with Color Of Change’s mission and campaigns and also a commitment to building/deepening your commitment to racial justice. You are steadfast in your support of COC’s long-term sustainability and are committed to a career with impact.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants should click the link, https://colorofchange.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0ftgn, and submit a resume and COC-tailored cover letter.