THE ADVISORY SERVICES TEAM
As trusted advisors and expert pro bono practitioners, Taproot’s Advisory Services team enables and delivers the highest quality pro bono service to social good organizations, and in doing so sets the standard of excellence for the field by demonstrating, innovating on and sharing pro bono best practices.
The Advisory Services team provides:
- Pro Bono Strategy & Advisement: We design and develop pro bono programs that maximize the impact potential of our clients, including companies, foundations and other institutions.
- Pro Bono Program Delivery: We implement pro bono programs that connect social good organizations and skilled volunteers by leveraging our extensive pro bono expertise
- Pro Bono Field Building: We develop tools and resources that enable pro bono users and practitioners to provide high quality pro bono services and share them with the field through convenings or thought leadership
THE SENIOR ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT ROLE
As a Taproot Senior Associate Consultant, you are a pro bono subject matter expert who is equally adept at advising companies and other clients about their pro bono strategies as you are at advising nonprofits about their capacity-building needs. You are an expert project manager who can work independently or collaborate on an internal team to bring programs to life. You are excited to grow your skills as a consultant and to maximize the impact of the pro bono services you are helping to facilitate.
- You manage and support a portfolio of 6-9 engagements, helping to ensure that work is completed on time, in scope, and at the highest level of quality. Your portfolio includes strategy and advisement work, program implementation and field building projects, and could include engaging a range of stakeholders, including corporate clients, foundation funders, or strategic partners in addition to the social change organizations and volunteers we engage.
- You lead some engagements in your portfolio independently; particularly engagements that are standardized, and/or you support more customized projects that are led by a Consultant or Senior Consultant.
- You support the development of resources that help build the field of pro bono. Resources could include tools, presentations, or original research that equip pro bono practitioners and users with best practices and insights. Resource development will require partnering with Partnerships and Marketing & Communications and may include co-developing content with third party organizations and partners.
- You attend and/or help host community engagement events that build and educate key networks in our four cities, including corporate pro bono practitioners, social good organizations, and skilled volunteers.
Practice Management and Strategy
- You help guide and inform the strategic direction of Taproot’s Advisory Services team by participating in strategic planning and implementation and contributing to the performance measurement and management of the Advisory Services team. This could include tracking and evaluating trends in our performance data to help drive decisions that improve our team infrastructure and approach.
- You contribute to the extensive pro bono knowledge base that Taproot has built by sharing key learnings, best practices, and innovations with the rest of the Taproot team. This could include collaborating with other Taproot teams and departments to develop or execute on a shared strategy or initiative.
- You contribute to business development for the Advisory Services team by maintaining strong relationships with the clients and funders you work with on a daily basis.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- You are passionate about client services, field building, and nonprofit capacity building, and have demonstrated experience in at least two of those areas. You understand the impact pro bono service can have in making positive social change, and you thrive in a fast-paced work environment that demands a high standard of excellence.
- You are a strategic builder and communicator. You’ve worked with corporate and/or nonprofit leaders on a day-to-day basis. You have supported the design, development, and implementation of highly strategic programs. You understand the value that pro bono can offer to our various stakeholders.
- You are fanatical at project management and the details. You can manage a highly complicated workplan and you’re known for hitting deadlines and exceeding expectations. You have an eye for design and everything you develop looks polished and professional.
- You are always looking for the next challenge, are charged up by an entrepreneurial opportunity, and take ambiguity in stride. You don’t get fazed by emails from stakeholders to ask for help at the last minute, or doing something out of the ordinary to make a partner happy. In fact, you’re all for it. You may have worked in a startup or small firm.
- You are naturally curious, creative, and want to build something. You love ideas, talking to people and building a deep understanding of their area of expertise – from HR professionals to data scientists, you want to understand the work they do. You’re excited by the challenge of figuring out how you can build programs that are maximized for impact.
- You have an exceptional track record of successful client and relationship management in a service industry. You have 3+ years of professional experience with some experience in a relevant consulting or professional services function.
This full-time exempt position will require moderate travel (~10-15%). The start date for this role is immediate. Compensation and benefits are competitive for the sector and commensurate with experience.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the SF Office is currently working remoting. Once we determine a safe time to return to the office, the candidate who accepts this role will be expected to work in the office.