Freelance Artists, Teachers & Coaches for After School Program (Part-Time)
- Job posted by Brooklyn Prospect Charter School
3002 Fort Hamilton Pkwy
Serving kindergarten through twelfth grade, Brooklyn Prospect pairs students with excellent teachers in a college preparatory environment using the International Baccalaureate program. We prepare students to become global citizens and help them to develop the love of learning that provides the foundation for lifelong personal and academic success. This position reports to the Afterschool Program Manager and will work closely with individuals across the organization on all issues related to the efficient and effective running of our Middle School Afterschool program.
Brooklyn Prospect is committed to:
- Teaching the skills and habits of mind necessary for success in the global community
- Recruiting, training and retaining excellent teachers
- Reflecting the diversity of Brooklyn’s neighborhoods
Do you have a gift or skill set that you are excited to share with our students? Propose your activity to us.
We are looking for highly qualified specialists to lead activities such as but not limited to Field Games, Tech, Robotics, fencing, poetry,and martial arts.
Staff will facilitate youth groups, conduct outreach and recruitment, interact with parents and partner with the community. Our Activity Specialists are responsible for being rock stars that can create lessons, projects and objectives that meet the individual student’s needs. They foster an atmosphere of fun and learning and serve as role models to youth, always conducting themselves in the utmost professional manner and maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Supervise a group of up to 15 Middle School students
- Facilitate select activities and maintain health and well-being of all children enrolled.
- Explain techniques and safety procedures for youth participants and demonstrate appropriate use of materials and equipment.
- Establish clear objectives for lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to the students
- Assist with program set-up and clean up.
- Assist with drills to practice site-evacuation/emergency procedures and capable of implement such procedures.
- Oversee progressive development of student skills leading to a final project.
- Take attendance.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Evaluate activity to determine if they are producing desired results and adapt accordingly.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Encourage positive character development in all youth.
- Perform admin duties and work on special & events
- Must be knowledgeable and skilled in selected activity and have prior experience successfully working with K-12 youth groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to lead participants in-group activities, especially leading enrichment and recreational activities.
- Possess imagination, a sense of humor, patience, conviction, sincerity, enthusiasm, initiative, self-control, adaptability, willingness to learn, integrity, and ingenuity.
- Must have passion for BPCS’s mission and demonstrated interest in the field of education and youth development.
- Have a High School diploma.
- Certifications and credentials in respective skill-based activity highly preferred.
- Minimum of two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is required.
- Able to work late afternoons and/or evenings. After school hours can span from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. Most days you will be working from 4:00 to 6:00.
- Candidates who are qualified to lead instruction in more than one activity are preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to employment history and criminal background check.
- Demonstrate appreciation and understanding of group management and child development.
- Show ability to accept supervision and guidance.
- Demonstrate ability to follow and execute schedules and activity plans.
Salary: Hourly - based on experience.
To Join our Team:
We are highly interested in Field games, Coding & Robotics facilitators. If you have a specific activity that you like to facilitate please include it in your email. All interested candidates must apply to email@example.com and include a resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and describing your expertise in the activity you wish to lead. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to notify those who meet our selection criteria
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.
Minimum Education Required