2831 15th Street, NW
The Operations Specialist will ensure the smooth daily operation of LCDP owned and leased facilities, by skillfully and efficiently administering operational systems, ensuring routine maintenance and inspections are performed on schedule, identifying and correcting problems before they impact staff productivity, and professionally troubleshooting to resolve emergent issues. The Operations Specialist will also support the Operations Director in the administrative tasks of the operations team and carrying out special projects. The Operations Specialist will support the general reception function of the operations team by filling in as a backup at facility front desks as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee daily operations of LCDP’s owned and leased facilities including general appearance and condition of LCDP’s facilities, proper operations of facility systems including: elevators and lifts, HVAC system, plumbing, high and low voltage cabling, security systems, telecommunications.
2. Proactively identify areas for improvement and work quickly to resolve facility or operational systems problems reported by staff.
3. Clearly communicate progress on resolving facility and systems issues to effected staff, management and supervisor.
4. Provide basic IT troubleshooting support/help staff effectively engage with LCDP’s outsourced IT department.
5. Complete operations aspects of employee, volunteer and consultant onboarding and exit in a timely manner, including: preparing work spaces, phones, keys and engaging IT and leading operations orientation.
6. Conduct procurement of office and facility supplies: maintain a supply inventory, place monthly supply orders, provide support to staff and mangers in navigating LCDP’s purchasing process, administers LCDP’s accounts with Amazon, Staples Advantage, and Peapod.
7. Submit all vouchers and expenses for the operations department in the organization’s finance software in a manner which ensures on time payment of all LCDP operations expenses, including rent.
8. Support LCDP’s emergency preparedness program:
· Ensure the proper inspection and maintenance of life safety equipment in each LCDP Facility, including monthly and annual checks of critical systems
· Provide emergency preparedness trainings as dictated in LCDP’s emergency preparedness protocol
· Support the operations director in conducting required emergency drills
· Maintain records of all required trainings and drills
9. Support LCDP’s compliance activities by ensuring that all annually required inspections are scheduled and conducted before they are due, and that any required mitigation is completed promptly.
10. Support LCDP’s business administration by ensuring that all facility and business related licenses and certifications are in good standing and available to staff when needed.
11. Provide backup support for the general reception function.
· Committed to the mission and values of La Clínica del Pueblo.
· Three to five years’ experience in facility/property management, required.
· One to three years’ experience in procurement, accounts payable, or other finance or business administration role preferred.
· Bachelors in business, public administration, or related degree preferred.
· Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with staff and vendors.
· Demonstrated skill in administering operational systems including telecommunication, security, and safety systems.
· Experience troubleshooting electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and elevator issues.
· Demonstrated understanding of IT networks and ability to do basic troubleshooting of issues with desktop computers, laptops, printers and copiers.
· Demonstrated success balancing multiple long-term, short-term, and emergent projects without sacrificing attention to detail.
· Ability to complete work outside of business hours; ability to work all LCDP sites in DC and MD required.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
· Driver’s license required.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Proficiency in Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates please use the link to apply!