John Smith House
John Smith Drive
Oxfam GB’s Programme Funding & Partnerships (PFP) department has a strong global track record of successfully supporting the development of high quality programme funding proposals, generating and supporting restricted donor programme income of more than £200 million per year from leading institutional donors (bilateral and multilateral), trust and foundations. We have specialist experience and capability in single country and multi-country programme funding, of traditional and emerging aid modalities and mechanisms, of commercial tendering and of complex consortia formation and partnerships development.
The Humanitarian Funding Team sits within the Donor Partnerships unit of the PFP department and works in coordination with Oxfam International and other Oxfam affiliates to maximise support for chronic and rapid onset emergencies from the world’s largest humanitarian donors such as the UK, EU, US, Swedish and Norwegian governments, as well as key UN agencies. The team is made up of dedicated donor funding specialists, a team of roving funding coordinators who can be deployed for varying durations at short notice, and funding coordinators on our register.
Reporting to various staff within the Humanitarian Funding Team the Funding Coordinator Register will be responsible for the following:
- Lead or support on establishing and maintaining up-to-date funding strategies and funding plans
- Research new funding prospects and pursue opportunities for business intelligence development
- Ensure effective coordination with Oxfam GB and other Oxfam affiliate colleagues at country/regional level (as appropriate to context) on issues related to fundraising, fund management, and representation
- Lead on or contribute to establishing and maintaining up-to-date funding grids and updates on the funding situation in a given emergency
- Lead or support country/regional teams and partner organisations in developing and submitting quality concept notes and proposals in a timely manner
- Lead or support on negotiating donor contracts favourably in line with Oxfam standards
- Support programme teams to effectively manage donor contracts, including the timely submission of quality reports
- In conjunction with the country/regional teams, represent Oxfam to donors and other external stakeholders as appropriate
Hours: Dependant on location of deployment
Salary: Dependant on post
Job Type: Humanitarian Register
Closing Date: 21 September 2018
Level of Language Proficiency
How to apply:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please download the full job profile and apply online via the link below:
Oxfam is committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to zero tolerance of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuses of power in our organisation. This means that we will do everything in our power to prevent it from happening, and rigorously address it each and every time it happens.
We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate vetting checks.
Oxfam International is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Minimum Education Required