Details: Commensurate with experience
1630 Crescent Place, NW
Purpose and Description
This position supports the Director of Events in the administration, development, and execution of both internal and external events for Meridian International Center.
- Coordinates all administrative functions for the Events Office, including maintenance of vendor files, insurance certifications, rental revenue documents, and invoices
- Serves as Meridian’s internal meeting specialist, acting as the primary resource and contact for all internal meeting requirements, including scheduling, reporting and invoicing
- Manages the master house calendar, communicating information effectively for accurate setup by building operations team. Following meetings and programs, reconciles all internal billing and invoices to meet departmental and grant reporting deadlines
- Works closely with the Maintenance & Operations Team in executing meetings and event setups. Reviews room setups to ensure that meeting space is arranged as requested in event requisition documents
- Assists in managing the social media presence of Meridian as it pertains specifically to weddings and private events. Works with the Director of Events, Director of Communications, and Creative Director to develop new content and update existing content for the event rentals website
- Assists the Director of Events in working with internal staff to plan receptions, programs, dinners, and art events with duties including vendor selection, RSVP tracking, development of internal event sheet, and event close-out
- Conducts site tours with potential clients, highlighting Meridian’s history, unique features, and event capabilities. Finalizes event details on select events by performing final walkthroughs with clients and vendors, and serving as the onsite point of contact for the duration of the event
- Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of Meridian’s event policies and procedures, and is able to effectively communicate these details to vendors, clients, and internal staff planning events
- Actively represents Meridian at assigned events and programs, including a heavy schedule of weekend and evening work during peak seasons
- Assists the Director of Events in managing vendor responsibilities and logistics of Meridian’s major fundraising event, The Meridian Ball
Other duties and special projects as assigned
- A degree in an events related field is preferred, but not required
- 1.5 years of experience in the area of hospitality, special events, or meeting coordination
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, board members, major donors, clients, and vendors
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity, with success working on a small team in a busy office environment
- Strong attention to detail and procedure, with excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be proficient in the MS Office Suite
Physical Effort and Dexterity
The ability to move freely around and between two historic homes without ADA access.
Visual Acuity, Hearing, and Speaking
Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
Environment and Scheduling
- Interest in working with an international not-for-profit professional exchange organization
- Interest in working within a diverse work environment
This position is classified FLSA non-exempt.
Employer’s Statement and Rights
This position posting does not list all the duties of the job. If an offer is made, you will be presented with a detailed job description. Applicants will be evaluated based upon their demonstrated ability to perform the tasks listed above, and their education and experience. The employer has the right to revise this posting at any time. Neither this posting nor the job description is a contract for employment. Meridian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Generous full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by e-mail only to HR@meridian.org. Subject line should read “Events Coordinator” only and a cover letter, with salary expectations, and resume should be attached. Only candidates being considered for this position will be contacted. Submissions which do not follow the above instructions will not be considered as applicants. NO PHONE CALLS in reference to this position will be accepted.