Great Minds, a rapidly growing public benefit corporation developing world-class curricula for grades PK-12, is seeking a Social Media Assistant Manager to join our mission-driven team of professionals. At Great Minds, we believe every child is capable of greatness. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
Great Minds has grown rapidly since its founding in 2007 and now competes with the big three textbook companies. From a handful of advocates promoting high quality education for all students, the company of 650-plus employees now offers comprehensive curricula in three subjects, and a library of early reader books. Eureka Math; Wit & Wisdom, the English language arts curriculum; PhD Science; and Geodes books for emerging readers are in classrooms nationwide. Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Detroit are among the many school districts using one or more of the curricula. According to a 2016 study released by the RAND Corporation, Eureka Math is the most widely used math curriculum in the United States.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds provides the highest quality curricula to schools and districts nationwide, inspiring joy in teaching and learning. Great Minds is the only curriculum creator to have earned three Tier 1 ratings, the highest possible, from the Louisiana Department of Education, highly respected for its curricular leadership. Curricula earning the Tier 1 ratings were Wit & Wisdom, Eureka Math, and PhD Science. A 2016 RAND Corporation report found Eureka Math and its original version, EngageNY Math, to be the most widely used elementary school math curricula in the nation. Geodes, a library of beautifully illustrated, content-rich books with phonics practice for emerging readers, is the result of a collaboration between Great Minds and Wilson Language Training. Learn more at greatminds.org.
- Perform research on current industry trends and keep a benchmark of Great Minds’ social engagement standing
- Design and implement organic and paid social media strategies to align with business goals. This includes developing conversion and engagement strategies, appropriate budgets for social media activities, setting specific campaign objectives and goals, running analytics on how campaigns performed, and clearly and effectively communicate back to the team the results.
- Be the primary social media day-to-day driver by generating, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news) that supports or strengthens content in other channels. Also, communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Create brand advocacy by finding influencers across social media platforms to engage with and build a brand ambassadors network.
- Work with our existing communities in social media to ensure questions get answered and also monitor topics and trends within the communities to report back to the team.
- Provide regular reports on social media activities, keeping team informed on a daily basis and showcasing trends over time.
- Work with internal stakeholders by collaborating with other teams beyond marketing, such as our curriculum, sales and customer service teams to gather ideas and ensure brand consistency and timeliness
- Oversee social media accounts’ visual design and branding (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and descriptions)
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications. Suggest and implement new features to our social media accounts to extend brand awareness, online reputation and optimize engagement
- Proven work experience as a social media manager across multiple platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Hands on experience in reputation, community and content management
- Excellent copy-writing skills
- Ability to relay consistent messaging across channel and content type (text, image and video) and to understand audiences within
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HubSpot a plus
- Creative and a passion for continuous learning and connecting with others
- Analytical, detailed-oriented and copy-writing skills are a must
- Ability to work independently, well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proactive and resourceful with a “can-do” attitude
- College degree in Marketing or relevant field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.