735 University Avenue
1 year term with possible renewal and extension contingent on program success and funding
Primary Function: Offer administrative and program support for the VISTA Program Manager.
Typical Duties & Responsibilites:
- Support VISTA manager in the following:
- Planning sessions and meetings; providing ongoing coaching and support; completing formal performance evaluation; and regularly communicating with designated members and leaders.
- Reviewing progress on individual VISTA assignment descriptions, providing regular support for members and supervisors, and in-person site visits and cohort meetings
- VISTA and VISTA Leader recruitment, selection, and placement process. Duties include: creation and distribution of communication and outreach materials; evaluating candidates; coordinating the assignment process; communicating with key stakeholders; and ensuring all necessary onboarding paperwork and processes are completed.
- Collaborating with program staff and VISTA Leader on content and delivery for member orientation, ongoing professional development corps building activities, and days of service.
- Developing a comprehensive data collection system for VISTAs and host sites, co-author required sponsor reports, and utilize data for program continuous improvement.
- Managing stakeholder contacts lists, member listservs, and other related mechanisms; create content for communications about VISTA activities and impact; and assist in the distribution of approved content via print, electronic, and social media.
- Completing of VISTA enrollment paperwork; submission of payroll and service verification; handling of program/grant finances including procurements and reimbursements and document transactions; and ensure basic programmatic files (e.g. host site MOUA’s, contact reports, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned in support of the organization’s mission
University Information: The University of the South comprises a well-regarded College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and a distinguished School of Theology. It is an institution of the Episcopal Church that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds. The University is located on a striking, 13,000-acre campus on Tennessee’s Cumberland Plateau.
EEO Statement: The University of the South is an equal opportunity educational institution that is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive campus environment.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The University of the South’s policy against discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, and retaliation is consistent with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, 34 CFR Part 106, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and 34 CFR 104.7, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, and the Genetic Information Non-Discrimination Act of 2008. In addition to contacting the Title IX Coordinator, who is the compliance coordinator, persons with inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and 34 CFR Part 106 may contact the Regional Civil Rights Director, U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, Region IV, 61 Forsyth Street S.W., Suite 19T70, Atlanta, Georgia 30303.
Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful prescreening
Minimum Education Required