Jack and Jill Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Jack and Jill of America, Inc that is committed to supporting services, programs and organizations that focus on impacting root causes of social problems affecting African American children and families. The Foundation supports programs that not only create opportunities and challenges for children to learn and practice leadership skills but also build leadership character in youth. The ultimate goal of every Foundation grant dollar is to empower young people to make the right life choices.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for facilitating the work of the Foundation and the Trustees by assisting the Executive Director in carrying out everyday office duties and tasks as assigned.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
· Manage the Foundation’s Master calendar and schedule (including the Executive Director).
· Administer office workflow.
· Respond to inquiries in a courteous, timely and efficient manner.
· Maintain the computerized grant spreadsheet and database (assisting the Program Manager and Trustees, Program Committee and MALs).
· Provide clerical, technological, and other support as needed.
· Coordinate records and documents for the organization.
· Provide logistical support for various board activities.
· Coordinate special projects, including grantee surveys and periodic published reports.
· Keep an ongoing record of the organization’s payments for grants and operating; ensure that the intern is keeping accurate records of grant payment and reporting schedule.
· Facilitate communication between the organization and donors.
· Oversee the maintenance of the website and other social media; ensure that the website and social media are updated by the intern and consultant.
· Available weekends and evenings (may be required at times).
Education and Training
· High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in some area of the humanities or social sciences (experience can take the place of a bachelor’s degree) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· At least 5 years of related experience as an administrative assistant, office manager or similar roles.
· Experience in file management, financial accounting, workflow organization, priority setting.
· High level of competency using Excel, MS-Word, Outlook email and QuickBooks (basic accounting principles).
· Highly Confidential - Responsible for any password protected parts of the webpage, other websites and password protected parts of organization’s operational equipment (databases, technology, etc.).
· High Energy and passion for the Foundation’s mission is essential.
· Behave Ethically – Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
· Build Relationships – Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
· Communicate Effectively – Speak, listen, and write clear, through and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
· Organize – Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
· Able to work independently with little to no supervision.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets. This position may require long hours and frequent weekend work. Any business-related travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to lift (minimally), stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time and communicate using written and spoken words. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jack and Jill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. The organization does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law
Jack and Jill Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Jack and Jill of America, Inc that is committed to supporting services, programs and organizations that focus on impacting root causes of social problems affecting…