494 Broad Street
The Newark Trust for Education (The Trust) is seeking a highly motivated Research and Evaluation Officer to be a key member of the Trust’s team. The successful candidate is a motivated self-starter and a team player with experience in the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data. The candidate should also be highly organized and detail oriented, with knowledge of, or a strong interest in the education sector in Newark, NJ.
Reports to: Director of Programs and Engagement
Job duties of the Research and Evaluation Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Read and analyze interim and final reports for all schools and organizations awarded NTE grants.
- Attend school and program site visits to document qualitative data.
- Create a system for aggregating relevant programmatic data over time.
- Document trends, continuity, and successes and challenges; complete end of year analysis and report.
- Work with leadership team and schools to create a common set of indicators for Safe and Supportive Schools grant program and align with South Ward Community Schools Initiative.
- Work with consultants and outside evaluators to interpret results of reports and integrate findings into organizational protocols.
Strategic Research and Writing
- Support the Executive Director and the Director of Programs and Community Engagement in carrying out discreet research projects to enhance the profile of strategic priorities.
- Conduct literature and desk reviews, historical scans and stakeholder interviews.
- Prepare concise and engaging white papers (1-2 annually).
- Keep abreast of national trends related to strategic priorities.
Organizational Data Analysis
- Work with Director of Operations to create and maintain organizational dashboard to track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including the ongoing collection of internal and external data.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Deep knowledge of research, monitoring and evaluation techniques and their application in the non-profit sector;
- Passionate about the collection and maintenance of usable data for decision-making;
- Ability to analyze a variety of data and create compelling presentations for a variety of audiences;
- Ability to work with school personnel to enhance understanding of and assist with data collection methods;
- Self-starter - ability to create simple data collection systems from scratch;
- Technical skills: Advanced excel, working knowledge of CRM platforms such as Salesforce; SQL a plus.
Comprehensive benefits package provided
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject: Research and Evaluation Officer.
Deadline: Friday, October 26, 2018 (Interviews will be held the week of October 29, 2018)
Compensation is commensurate with experience and within the range associated with non-profits across the region.
Sense of humor and a roll up your sleeves, get it done attitude a must!
Newark Trust for Education is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.