186 Alewife Brook Parkway
Essential Partners (EP), a non-profit whose mission is to equip anyone facing divisive difference with skills for connection through conversation and curiosity, seeks someone smart, creative, and dynamic to help us share our mission far and wide. The DSC will report directly to the Executive Director and work closely with the Director of Development. We’re located in Cambridge, MA, and are looking for someone who can begin as soon as possible.
You’re the right person for EP if you:
- Embrace and want to magnify the mission of equipping individuals and communities to stay connected in the midst of differences of all kinds (in politics, religion, race/ethnicity, class, gender identity, sexual orientation…) without the goal of persuasion;
- Understand the skills and resources EP provides and how to package and deliver them to our audiences in accessible, relatable ways;
- Have the experience and skills to craft and deliver on plans to build EP’s audiences - both participants and donors - for this work in clever, engaging, mission-centered ways;
- Want to be a driver of scaling and sustainability through moving in-person practices into online engagement
- Know how to get our stories of impact and success noticed by traditional and new media;
- Mobilize teams of non-marketing professionals to understand their role in carrying forward the organization’s story and message in whatever they do;
- Tell compelling stories in multiple media formats (e.g., writing, video, social media, audio, etc.);
- Have experience designing communications that reach audiences of different politics, cultural backgrounds, and identities with impact that compels them to take action;
- Have an in-depth understanding of the synergy between marketing and fundraising in a nonprofit and are eager to work at the intersection to increase broader awareness and, along with it, donor support;
- Thrive on a team that gets all kinds of jobs done; and are ready to hit the ground running / can hold your own in an informal professional setting where humor is almost always the right answer.
What we offer:
- A salary of $60-65K, health insurance, life/disability, and generous paid time off policy
- Meaningful work with a stellar team
- The opportunity to significantly influence the direction of our growth with your ingenuity and teamwork
- An existing base of loyal supporters
- An organization with a 28-year history and stellar reputation as pioneers and standard-bearers in our field
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in spoken and written English.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you’re interested read the full job description here and submit your resume, three writing samples from different media, an example of a communications campaign you have designed and delivered (with resulting metrics), and a letter explaining what makes you a fantastic fit for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Partners seeks to build the diversity of its staff team in all areas. Applicants from every racial and ethnic background, gender identity, sexual orientation and physical ability are encouraged to apply.