Details: Compensation commensurate with experience.
About Organizing for Action
Organizing for Action (OFA) is a non-partisan, issue advocacy organization committed to growing the grassroots movement by training, educating, and activating civically engaged community members across the country. As a grassroots driven organization, OFA is dedicated to empowering action takers with the skills and tools needed to make a difference in their communities.
We are seeking candidates with a background in political organizing who are able to create and execute issue advocacy campaign plans and support field and volunteer engagement.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a demonstrated understanding of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of federal government as they relate to OFA’s role as issue campaigns
- Have familiarity working with coalitions and individual partner organizations
- Have a strong writing skills and an acute attention to detail
- Have the ability to handle multiple priorities and successfully meet deadlines in a challenging environment.
- Have familiarity with political field organizing and be committed to supporting OFA field staff and volunteers
- Have an orientation towards volunteer perspective and experiences in line with OFA values
- Be able to synthesize complicated policy developments for easy digestion by staff and OFA volunteers
- Be a creative self-starter who can develop content that drives engagement and highlights OFA programming and volunteers
- Be solutions-oriented, setting projections and hitting goals within legal and optical parameters
- Work collaboratively and effectively across teams to facilitate strong communication and project execution
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Formulating strategy and messaging for OFA’s issue and ballot measure campaigns alongside campaigns team leadership.
- Driving digital content production as well as creation of grassroots and training materials to support OFA’s campaigns
- Participating in coalition calls and determining OFA’s role in coalition campaigns
- Supporting OFA field staff with communication and requests
- Supporting volunteer activity and engagement, including volunteer calls, programming, trainings, and communication
- Working with other OFA departments to develop content to further OFA’s organizational priorities and meet campaign deadlines and goals
- Serving as a resource for staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders – participating in conference calls, development of non-digital content, etc.
What else you should know?
The Political Organizing Associate position is based in Chicago, Illinois at the OFA Headquarters.
OFA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered please submit an application at https://my.ofa.us/page/s/political-organizing-associate All applications should include both a cover letter and resume.