58 Day Street
The Senior Director of Digital Information Systems will lead YouthBuild USA’s efforts to implement and utilize digital technology tools for program work, organizational collaboration, data collection and dissemination. This work is divided into three major categories: Strategy, research, and planning around use of digital technology across the organization; oversight of existing digital information systems; and requirements gathering for new digital information projects.
The Senior Director reports to the CEO and leads a digital team designed to meet the digital technology and communication needs of YouthBuild USA and YouthBuild International. They will supervise the Associate Director of IT, Junior Web Developer (TBD), Digital Information Specialist, and will supervise new members of the digital team including systems support staff, project managers, etc. They will provide guidance and direction to others who are implementing technology solutions to work across YouthBuild USA. They will utilize digital technology to meet the needs of YouthBuild USA and further the mission of the organization.
This position does not have recurring access to vulnerable populations: children 17 years of age or younger, persons age 60 and older, or people with disabilities. A portion of this work influences the direction, management and scope of the AmeriCorps grant.
Strategy and Planning
- Explores the latest developments in digital strategy and online systems to position YouthBuild growth in these areas.
- Evaluates new systems to meet the needs of departments across the organization.
- Works with the Communications, Advocacy, Graduate Leadership and Program Teams to produce a digital strategy aimed to increase staff effectiveness and YouthBuild’s impact.
- Teams with YBI to develop and design digital systems procedures to meet their needs in line with YouthBuild USA’s systems.
Oversight of Existing Tools
- Manages day-to-day operation and technical aspects of YouthBuild USA websites, including custom application development or integration.
- Two custom web apps
- CIvicrm and Extranet
- Supervises junior Web Developer and any necessary consultants to ensure that deadlines and organizational priorities are met.
- Ensures that there is detailed and proper documentation for all existing tools.
- Engages other departments in intermediate-advanced uses of digital information systems, especially those with our program and student level data.
- Collaborates with the Director of Data Services to engage with and provide appropriate data to external evaluators.
- Offers expertise to departments evaluating external digital systems for project management and other needs.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Leads requirements gathering to understand and meet technical and data needs that emerge from new sources of funding or new organizational priorities.
- Partners with other staff members/departments to clearly define specifications for new technology projects and growth to existing projects.
- Produces an overall digital information map of the organization in support of senior management making priorities with respect to technology vision, available budget and competing priorities.
- Manages website migrations/implementations/upgrades/changes, ensuring objectives are effectively communicated and optimal impact is realized.
- Works with departments to systematize their processes using digital tools, where applicable gaining alignment between departments.
- Leads project planning across departments for implementation of new technology tools and systems.
- Plans and executes system rollouts and training plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or web-related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5-7 years of supervisory experience.
- 5-10 years of experience working in technology in a non-profit setting.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience managing technical vendors .
- Extensive web technology and database skills.
- Familiarity with the web development process and APIs.
- Strong familiarity with emerging web technologies.
- Knowledge of non-profit technology best practices.
- Experience with Drupal, CiviCRM and/or Salesforce a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Some Experience with LAMP stack.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and communities.
- The ability to discuss data analysis and technical issues with multiple internal and external partners including private and federal funders.
- Strong facilitation skills.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in learning more about YouthBuild USA, please visit our website at www.youthbuild.org. If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: Job Search, YouthBuild USA, 58 Day Street, Somerville, MA 02144 or you may apply on-line @ http://www.youthbuild.org/apply. Please apply by March 16th 2018. YouthBuild USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets.