14 State Street
BANGOR BALLET EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the company. He/she is hired by the Board of Directors and serves at their pleasure. He/she attends all board meetings but has no vote.
Executive Director is expected to
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company. Keep a record of income and expenses. Maintain bank accounts, oversee all purchases and pay bills in a timely fashion. File required state and federal forms in a timely fashion.
- Report to the board at each board meeting on ongoing and future activities
- Negotiate and oversee insurance and other contracts as needed.
- With the Treasurer prepare financial reports for monthly board meetings and an annual budget (in consultation with the Artistic Director).
- Serve as Producer for Bangor Ballet events. As such, meet on a regular basis with the Production Manager and Artistic Director. Sign contracts with performance venues and retain copies of any contracts. Secure ticket outlets and arrange for distribution of tickets. Confirm participation of all personnel (lighting designer, costume designer, props mistress, stage manager, etc) and sign contracts as needed. Prepare or edit as necessary staff and volunteer job descriptions.
- Prepare or arrange for all publicity to include but not be limited to news articles, media events, press releases, PSAs, paid or donated advertisements. Manage or oversee management of web site, Face Book and other social media.
- Oversee development and creation of all printed material to include but not be limited to tickets, posters, flyers, rack cards and/or brochures, program books. Arrange for printing and distribution of all material. Artistic Director will approve all material that contains photographs of dancers.
- Be responsible for fundraising activity to include grant writing, sponsor and ad solicitation campaigns and donor solicitation campaign. Insure that thank you letters are sent to all donors.
- Play an active, public role as a spokesperson and representative of Bangor Ballet. Is expected to attend workshops and meetings as appropriate, including monthly BangorArts meetings. Advocate for the arts in general in Bangor and within the state.
Minimum Education Required