Details: Salary commensurate with experience
2000 Rosemount Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
This position supports the work of Rosemount Center, a dual language (Spanish/English) early childhood education and family support center.
1. Implement Rosemount's curriculum - the "Creative Curriculum" - in the classroom and develop appropriate weekly lesson plans.
2. Complete the Individual Child Profiles on a quarterly basis. Maintain working portfolio files on all children.
3. Ensure the health and safety of the children in the classroom and outdoors.
4. Understand and implement NAEYC accreditation requirements and DC Child Care Licensing requirements.
5. Refer families to appropriate resources as needed, encourage parent involvement in their child's development, and hold parent conferences as required.
6. Track information and complete all reports regarding child attendance, assessments, and screenings.
7. Attend professional development workshops, meetings, and trainings as required.
1. Minimum of an AA degree in early childhood education from an accredited college or university; BA in early childhood or related field is preferable. 2. One to two years experience working with infants/toddlers/preschool children. 3. Able to problem solve, handle crises, and work with families and children of various cultures from a range of socio-economic backgrounds. 4. Prompt, reliable, dependable, flexible, and good communication skills are essential. 5. Open to helpful feedback from supervisors, able to self-reflect, and a desire to develop professionally. 6. Computer skills and knowledge of use of data to inform child outcomes is required. 7. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
This is a 12 month position. Generous benefits including annual, sick and holiday leave. Retirement, Health, Dental, and Life insurance offered.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual Spanish/English is preferred but not required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.