205 East 122nd St., 3rd Fl.
STRIVE is seeking a Business Development Manager to oversee programming for adults including: high school equivalency and sector-based workforce development training programs. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of development principles, a strong desire to help adults reach their greatest potential, experience working with adults from diverse backgrounds and demonstrated ability to meet performance goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strong employer partnerships to identify potential candidates for the program; target advancement opportunities; and employer contributions.
- Establish key employer relationships providing consistent engagement to ensure employment needs are met in Healthcare and Construction industries.
- Deepen relationships with existing employers by identifying additional opportunities within the organization.
- Develop strategic action plans with employers to measure success and identify areas of growth.
- Expand relationships by ensuring client access multiple staffing solutions to satisfy business needs.
- Conduct monthly client visits to new and existing employers.
- Provide resources for monthly check in calls via Zoom, Skpe, or other digital platforms.
- Maintain an open line of communication with STRIVE employers, checking on new placements, and mediating and reporting on problem situations when they arise.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with multiple (and preferably a consortium of) employers who have made a concrete commitment to offering advancement opportunities to incumbent frontline workers.
- Attend job fairs, staff development and training to keep current with labor market trends.
- Work with trainers to schedule and provide the job development introduction, mock interviews, and post mock interview sessions during the three-week workshop based on the approved curriculum to prepare participants for interviews and to make participants aware of the services they will receive upon graduation.
- Schedule in-house interviews with each STRIVE graduate assigned to caseload, obtaining information necessary to place him/her in an appropriate position.
- Create Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Linkage agreements with new employers.
- Ensure placement happens within 30 days after completion of training.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Provide strategic direction to staff to establish and maintain a network of employers to provide jobs and internship opportunities to STRIVE graduates.
- Supervise line staff by articulating expectations, displaying model behavior, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships.
- Work with Employment Specialists to ensure that job placement and retention goals are met.
- Ensure the timely and accurate collection of participant data (e.g., case notes), and create materials/presentations and represent STRIVE to the employer community.
- Provide training and coaching to new staff members within the 90 day probationary period and ongoing as needed.
- Conduct one on one sessions biweekly to review staff performance and discuss concerns.
- Counsel employees when problems arise that have an impact on performance.
- Set performance goals and project deadlines that align with the company’s outcomes.
- Facilitate bi-weekly cross business development meetings with Employment Specialist from each department.
Industry and Socioeconomic Research:
- Stay informed regarding local hiring and labor trends.
- Research and document challenges employers face within the sector and report findings to the team and our employer partners.
- Conduct quarterly Industry Panel events.
- Recommend curriculum enhancements that meet employers and industry demands.
- Assist employers with gaining an understanding on how to work with community based organizations and the advantages of hiring local low-income residents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, social work or equivalent required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five (5) years experience in workforce development or sector base training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of youth development, programming and current issues, trends and best practices in the field.
- Familiarity with career-focused education and workforce development programs.
- Excellent management and leadership skills; able to motivate staff and implement strategies to meet and exceed service level expectations.
- Intermediate skill level of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment a must.
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
STRIVE considers applicants for all positions without regard to: race; color; religion; gender; national origin; age; sexual orientation; marital or veteran status; the presence of a medical condition, genetic information or handicap, unrelated to performing the tasks of the job; or any other legally protected status.
Short and Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Plans
Paid Parental Leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a cover letter with your salary requirements.