Details: Rate of $45,000+, commensurate with experience. Job may be full time or 3-4 days/week.
56 East First Street
- Recruit students and lead City Lore’s new teen Urban Explorers program to document the city through recorded oral histories, photography and video.
- Coordinate other aspects of City Lore’s out-of-school-time programs.
- Coordinate program scheduling and purchase and delivery of arts supplies for out of school time programs.
- Oversee creation and management of program budgets, expenses, revenue, and approve invoices and timesheets of teaching staff.
- Write and edit education resource materials and curricula and edit teaching artists’ lesson and unit plans.
- Communicate regularly with Education Director about program details and issues that need to be addressed.
- Collaborate with Education Director to provide professional development and support for City Lore’s teaching artists and staff in our out-of-school time programs.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, MA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing or coordinating arts education programs in schools or museums.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and management skills.
- Strong supervisory and public presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues at City Lore and with staff in partner organizations.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with youth and community partners.
- Ability to work with diverse communities and with students of different age groups and abilities.
- Demonstrated interest or background in arts and education.
- Experience and passion for working with youth and staff in school and community settings.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Skill with grant writing and fundraising.
Health insurance, three weeks paid vacation, a matching retirement plan after the first year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English required; bilingualism/multilingualism a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email your resume and cover letter, with the names and contact information for three references to Amanda Dargan at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “[your last name]_Urban Explorers Program Manager.” No phone calls please. Priority will given to applications received immediately.