71 Summit Avenue
Family Promise is the leading national non-profit addressing family homelessness. With more than 200 Affiliates around the county, collectively we have served more than 750,000 people, the majority children, since we were founded in 1988. We are built on a unique model, utilizing resources found in every community to achieve consistent success in moving families into long-term housing, at significantly less cost than traditional shelter. Additionally, we engage a very large number of volunteers every year in direct service—raising awareness, deepening commitment and spurring the development of nearly a thousand other community initiatives to serve low-income children and adults. Our works helps tens of thousands of children and families regain self-sufficiency.
This position plays an integral role in the success of the Affiliate Services department and requires a self-motivated individual who excels in a face-paced, team-oriented environment with minimal supervision. The primary responsibilities of this position include (1) handling the preparation and logistics involved with the flawless execution of the National Conference, (2) overseeing the creation and maintenance of manuals and other materials, and (3) ensuring stakeholders are aware of information and initiatives through various communication strategies.
As a member of the National staff, the Affiliate Services Associate will take a leadership role in planning and delivering an optimal experience for the attendees of the Family Promise National Conference. You will write, design, edit and oversee the development of manuals, email newsletters, reports, presentations, web pages, dashboards, and similar assets. In addition, you will develop and maintain tools to organize and facilitate access to documentation and you will create a process to ensure all materials are reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis. As a liaison among Affiliates and the national office, you will be in contact with several key constituents—Executive Directors, Staff, Board Members, Volunteer Coordinators, guests in the program as well as leaders from corporate and nonprofit partners.
We are seeking an individual with a strong desire to drive successful and productive outcomes on a consistent basis. Must be able to write and communicate well and should enjoy working independently and still being part of a small, but high-performing team. Ideal candidates will be excellent problem solvers and have strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Research and develop handouts, training documents, email newsletters, presentations and other materials, as needed
- Collaborate with other team members on identifying, planning, and managing key deliverables, activities, budgets and deadlines for the National Conference
- Act as liaison between partners and Affiliates
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written, oral, and communication skills. Ability for presentation delivery, conveying ideas, and instructing effectively
- Ability to effectively multi-task, to establish priorities, to work and make judgments independently and take initiative
- Ability to be a team player and interface with all levels of staff and volunteers. Must develop, maintain, and utilize relationships.
- Professional, conscientious, friendly and enthusiastic
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Able to be flexible and balance competing priorities effectively
- Able to remain calm under pressure and resolve issues efficiently
- Creative thinker, who can apply out of the box thinking to problem-solving and big picture concepts
- Previous nonprofit experience is preferred
- Experience with database systems, preferably Salesforce, a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
Minimum Education Required